As Busy as a Bee
Hello all! I'm new to these forums, and I joined in the hopes of improving via constructive criticism and motivational camaraderie! I hope to have an awesome time with y'all. c:

I suppose a brief introduction will do! My name is Beola, but I prefer B to keep things simple. I'm 21, and just graduated from a community college this spring. I live in southern NY, and look forward to improving and having fun! Overall goal is illustration and to get better at storytelling, because y'know, we all have stories to tell! Which is totes awesome.

So yeah, that's me! Here's some stuff I've been working on and have done recently. A few gestures, a 3 1/2 hour figure value study, aaaaaand some character design thangs I worked on in the past couple of weeks.

Hey B, welcome to CD!

Damn your gestures are so flowy, wouldn't mind seeing more every day. :)
Last character is showing some promise, maybe add some different textures and patterns?

Hey Rafa! Thanks for the kind welcome. :)

Heheh, yeeeah. I really love flowy lines! Helps with keeping my hand loose 'cause I have issues with tensing up when I get all grumpy. And I agree about that last design--adding textures and patterns should spruce it up a bit, make things more fun to look at. I'm really getting into studying fashion, what makes a get-up work and aesthetically pleasing.

So, I've recently begun keeping myself on schedule after my co-worker suggested that it'd help keep things fresh and efficient! I have this habit of tunnel vision-ing on a single thing, which ultimately leads to frustration and grumpyness, and...mentally flipped tables?

Decided to focus on mannequization of the figure, get a sense of depth and stuff. It's pretty awesome for foreshortening! (I'm gonna go get back to work now).

Sketchbook!
Criticism is always welcome!

If you continue to question as to when you'll ever be ready for something, you'll find that you're never truly ready for anything.
Oh wow, your figures look amazing! Great start on this sketchbook, hope to see more from you because it was inspiring to see your drawings man :) im feeling a urge to go do figure drawing at 3 in the morning and its all your fault xD

Whoa , awesome sketchbook. Definitely an inspiration.

Awesome figures man, I got nothing : )

I love the last image above, the planes and curves of the body are really clear! Looking forward to seeing more!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Really nice work! Looks confident.
Damn B! Didn't think I'd see you here first thing!
Oh shizzle bizzle, I've really fallen behind on this... Good news: the semester started up again! And with that comes longer work hours (I work at a college). Meh news: besides the students and my co-workers, the people there kinda suck the life-energy out of me. Kinda struggled to keep to my schedule, but I'm back on it after properly adjusting to this shift! Anywho.

RenatoCaria: Yesss, become a zombuh that always arts but never sleeps. Heheheh... c:<
Glad I could give you a boost though, Renato. :)

Adrian: Thanks man! You peeps are an inspiration yourselves. Keep at it!

JyonnyNovice: Thank ya, I look forward to doing more. :D

sawback: I try! The thangs ya'll don't see me doing are them circles, 'llipses, n' limes.

EldrinOS: Jose! I challenge you to a duel of souls. D:<

NOW! For the semi-massive vomitting of stuff:

Sketchbook!
Criticism is always welcome!

If you continue to question as to when you'll ever be ready for something, you'll find that you're never truly ready for anything.
Hey, life happens, sometimes it's hard to post. :)
Gorgeous studies as always, they make me feel I need a shower, mine can get messy.
After seeing those eyes I probably need to do some studying on them again.