Nat's Sketchbook
Hello I'm terrible at remembering to update here. Still been drawing a tonne the last few months (way more than I can post here), heres a few things I've done.

Finished stuff:

Studies:

Sketches:

Work in Progress:

Still a long way to go.

you got a solid schmexy style <3 I think you could push your anatomy and form lovin a bit more. For instance the black woman in the last one i look at her leg and i see your indicating the tibea and the gastrocnemius, but you could always indicate more patella near the knee cap. Sure the default construction of a thigh is a tube shape, but you can do so much more with the contours, and still make it effeminate, just add a new level of realism.

And expressions, smiles and pouts arent the only expressions in the world!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
I see fantasy but i don't see a great depth of creativity.A few dark elve and that pretty much it.Would be fun to see you also draw ugly people you seem to really love drawing only good looking people... Idk if you have fallen into a comfort zone or what just try to stay creative.Idk if you aim to do character design,illustration, or portrait but it seem to fit you.If you choose to work more toward illustration i think you need to work on stronger storytelling and stronger composition(you alway put the focus at the center of the image as far as i have observe).

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
@Fedodika Thanks a lot! I definitely gotta work on carrying over those anatomical details to my imaginative sketces, thanks for the detailed crit. 8D And expressions are definitely a weakness, I gotta get more variety in!

@darktiste thanks for your comments! I think you're definitely right in that I've fallen into comfort zone with subject matter, definitely need to change it up and draw some more varied faces etc. I'm a sucker for drawing good looking people it's true but it's no good for portfolio stuff ha. Thanks a lot for the crits on illustrations! My composition is looking really weak now that you mention it, time to work on that...

As per usual I forgot to post here, still drawing loads, filled a paper sketchbook with gestures/proko practise but I won't bother to scan and post it all here as it's all pretty same-y. Here's some figure drawing/fundamentals practise I've been doing instead, with a little doodle for good measure. It's been fun studying but I gotta try to finish some things. o.o

Thanks for reading!

I wish you would put more energy in those drawing atleast in the earlier stage just push those pose play with stiffness or fluidity you want those figure to tell a story just by the way they move.Try to think of gesture as emotion or as trait of personality.A noble doesn't stand the same way a peasant does.

Not sure if you mean critic on that but also play on facial expression.Not just serious face, smile face and model face.Laughing face sad face evil face etc.

There more you give them attitude and imperfection the more original they become.

My Sketchbook
@darktiste You're right, I'm definitely too focused on accuracy right now. I'll have to try to bring more gesture into my imaginative pieces, I think that's something that's lacking there. Thanks for the crit!

Here's a couple rendering/tone studies, it's nice to paint again.

Can you upload the reference along your work you will get better critic.I think you might need to work on foreshorting.If you plan on doing illustration.

My Sketchbook
Here's the ref!

for the leaping guy, id take another look at his forearm behind his head, make sure those contours line up because the ulna bone i believe doesnt curve that deep behind the wrist insertion. He also has really high cheek bones, and his arms feel tiny, mainly because you made his chest wider than in the reference.

youre pretty close with the other one, again just the forearm that isnt holding the cane, see how the contour of yours ends under the bicep, but in the photo its over the bicep on the top muscle, i believe its called extensor digitorum, its not a concave muscle. Also his naval is slightly off center, same with the abdominals, make sure they follow from a symetrical line from the sternum :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]