James's Sketch Book
Starting this sketchbook first. will try to update everyday.

Landscape painting today...

Did not go so well for me

Cool work man! One suggestion for landscapes is to block in the shapes with a darker color and then work on value, before you go in with any detail, and make sure your canvas is exactly the size of your reference; makes things a bit easier.

Also, it would be cool if you could resize the landscape pieces you posted just so we can see the whole image without scrolling.

Keepem comin man!

Attached Files Image(s)

Love the work so far. Before posting try lowering the image size in photoshop before posting. I myself usually just work gigantic because its comfortable then before posting i'll save them as jpegs around 7-900 pixels wide for the forums. Keep working hard :)
You got some nice silhouettes and studies going on there man! You chose the same theme for the hunter as I did hahahaha ( medieval knight ftw?). I'm finding it hard to drift away the silhouette from looking too much of a knight to actually a hunter how about you? Anyway, good luck! =D

Used only soft brush and 35% transparent

Attached Files Image(s)

cool man, lots of traditional stuff - refreshing to see! Like the latest piece a lot too :)

Paint for today

Thanks rich4rt, I like to do a lot of studies from life.
Azusa Park still a WIP

Ocean Painting
Great life drawings! and I like how you're playing with other mediums in your studies. awesome stuff!
hello,

I have to agree with Dennis, perhaps blocking in dark shapes and forms might help you decide on composition and elements in landscapes. you can also try doing small composition sketches just for fun in one color, until you get the hang of it.
I like some of the color work you've got going in here, and i suggest more studies of nature to observe texture, colors, light, values and composition.
Keep it up!

Thanks Sickbrush, will do a black and white today.

That last environment is very nice :) keep it up

Thanks Forrestimel will do
Quick Sketch Stuff