Yonderly's Sketchbook
Hey Yonderly, great to see you back. I'd love to see more traditional sketches from you. Digital art is a really difficult medium to tackle and I think having a solid traditional foundation will help a lot. Keep going!

Keep pushing and studying from life! You've made some very cool progress already!

Keep working hard! \o/

@ZombieChinchilla - Yeah, I kind of only realized it recently -.-" so I decided to improve my fundamentals, I don't want to be stuck at this stage forever. ;-;
@Rhasdra - Thank you! :3
I should really update this more.
[Image: cd_8_2015_1.jpg]

[Image: cd_8_2015_2.jpg]
[Image: cd_8_2015_3.jpg]

Thats good you're studying Loomis. Its one thing to copy the drawings from the book but the true test is to redraw it from memory without looking at anything for reference. It will be really hard and you probably will mess up a lot but you will improve faster.

I totally have the theme song for wander over yonder going through my head now :D
Keep up the good work :D

Thanks, Punk-A-Cat! :3
Adam, I don't even know how did I manage to do that  Bomb , but that kind of practice has not crossed my mind before. Thanks a lot! 

So, a little bump! I guess the exam season took its toll, there are but a few presentables. D:

[Image: 1UlxTb.png]

[Image: 5.png]
[Image: 4.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 6.png]
[Image: 8.jpg]

More More More :D
"talent is earned not Given "

Franjo Tuđman ! xD

Great studies so far, keep learning from Loomis and I hope we'll see some detailed anatomy studies soon, they are hard but it's worth it !

Zakon ti ide, keep it up ! ;)

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
Huh, long time no post, I guess.

Thanks, Bart!
Shin, thank you for your kind words. I constantly postpone "real deal" anatomy studies, IDK, it looks big and scary and excuses and blah.  Rolling eyes, funny thought

A redraw of friend's OC. Anatomy's a bit wonky but I promise to get better! :'D
[Image: 0711_002.png]
[Image: 0711_009.png]
[Image: 0711_006.jpg]
[Image: 0711_005.jpg][Image: 0711_003.png][Image: 0711_004.png][Image: 0711_007.png]
[Image: 0711_001.jpg][Image: 0711_008.jpg]

Some notans/sketches/whateverests. Nothing much this week, I'm afraid.
[Image: 1711%20001.jpg]

[Image: 1711%20002.jpg]
[Image: Untitledinys.png]

More notans (they're really fun!) and a sketch. Tryin' to get less messy.  Thumbs_up
[Image: 1911_1.png][Image: 1911_2.png][Image: 1911_3.png][Image: 1911_4.png]

So, it's been a while. I'm trying to up my accuracy game with both traditional and digital media, but digital art is still a greater struggle. D: *sighs* I want to feel confident with my lines and brushstrokes!

Some recent poses, 3-4 min each.
[Image: cd76eKFG.png]
[Image: cd7gzT7j.png]

A sketch for a local Facebook art group event. It's a chaotic neutral guide through underground who speaks in rhyme. :'D
[Image: cd7.jpg]

Started making black and white env studies. God, these are brutal. ;_____________; AND ALSO FUN!!1 \0/ They require patience and steady hand, both of which I lack, but hopefully will slowly develop. :'D

[Image: cd7ci6CU.jpg]
[Image: cd7.png]

Aaaaand nothingness in color. -.-
[Image: cd7sCBkW.png]

Hey!
Really like what you're doing with these thumbnail compositions. There's something really nice going on when you introduce some detail to that rough b&w block-ins.
Cheers!

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
Yeah, b&w exercises are pretty rad!

Anyway, nothing much.  Bomb
Tryin' to understand volume and improve linework.

[Image: study2.png][Image: study1.png]
[Image: study3.png]
Aaaaaand something digital. It was for Improvement club Secret Santa event on dA.
[Image: da_ss_cd.jpg]

[Image: cd.jpg]
Painted this little sweetie for a dA contest! :D

That girl with waves coming out of her head drawing has really nice line quality!

Focus.
Ohmigawd, a lot of time has passed since I've visited forums. ;-; I've managed to hurt my hand really bad so there was a long period in which I did not draw a thing, but I'm slowly starting to draw/paint a bit again. 

Here's an attempt of finishing that portrait from the last post. Not quite successful, but hey. I TRIED
[Image: cd_1_10.jpg]

The first (and unfinished) color study in which I actually *understood* what the hell am I doing:

[Image: cd_1_11.png]

Some more random studies:
[Image: cd_1_1.png]

[Image: cd_1_6.png]

[Image: cd_1_7.png]

And sketches, mostly portraits:

[Image: cd_1_2.png]

[Image: cd_1_3.png]

[Image: cd_1_4.png]

[Image: cd_1_5.png]

[Image: cd_1_9.png]

This one I'm really proud of:

[Image: cd_1_8.png]

Aaaand today's study. CANNOT INTO BRUSHES ;-

[Image: cd_1_12.png]

/sketchdump

Slowly sketching my way out of "head and shoulders" syndrome, but I should probably start thinking about spitting out some finished pieces for a change. :v  Bomb

Sketchduuuump! \0/

Not quite there, but at least it's neater than the last one. :P

[Image: cd%202%201.png]

I think I'm finally starting to understand some things! Yay!

[Image: cd%202%202.png]

[Image: cd%202%203.png]

[Image: cd%202%204.png]

[Image: cd%202%205.png]

[Image: cd%202%206.png]

[Image: cd%202%207.png]
[Image: cd%202%208.png]

Hi Yonderly. It seems you're struggling with anatomy in your pieces. Maybe it's a good idea to use references for the pose you have in mind to help make that thought in your head more concrete. It's only a Google away! Or you may visit one of these pose repositories on deviantart such as this: http://senshistock.deviantart.com/

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
What is consistency pt. 23457

[Image: nkEAb8p.png]

[Image: 5WYr8gp.png]

[Image: BoF2Jli.png]

[Image: KNBlVpv.png]

[Image: TCfaRVP.png]

[Image: ZXmkglv.png]

[Image: O1CPNHr.png]

[Image: Bt82Asa.png]

[Image: SKs3YKE.png]

[Image: q4jUTto.png]

[Image: 3d7PD6U.png]

[Image: dyXaQRf.png]

Tbh, I avoided using tablet because it was extremely frustrating for me. I somehow managed to force myself to sit through it, and I think I'm finally starting to get used to working on computer. :v