ABANDONED HIDEOUT
Finished this :(

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne Cool spaceship, colour studies looking nice too, love that yellow and green beach. From what you were saying before, definitely study needs to have a purpose, but for beginners who need to build up hand eye coordination I think copying a picture exactly has some merit - although the copy usually ends up looking more solid (if not exactly the same) if it's analysed and re-created instead of purely copied without understanding.

Few sketches from a cartoon tutorial, I drew these along with the video but spent a long time studying all the different pieces first (head shape, lips, nose, eyes, hair). Bottom corner inked ones are from imagination.

[Image: gWAgqAS.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Did a Paint over for our body ART44 from the Hideout.

Updated the first post, now anyone can submit their work for live crit. if you are a Abandoned Hideout Habitat and you wish to do paintovers or crits, pm me and i will provide you with a password for the crit submission mail box.

Attached Files Image(s)

@Mariyan-Hristov Thx for posting, friend! That's a solid study with a purpose. Looking forward to see more of your personal stuff. Keep rocking!

Some recent studies and sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to do some fantasy stuff in a hideout

Attached Files Image(s)

Morning color study. Tried to use a "make your studies more fun" method suggested by sickbrush.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did one more fun study

Attached Files Image(s)

One more fun study

Attached Files Image(s)

Studye from tonight's stream.

Attached Files Image(s)

ok here i go. stuff from today's stream

[Image: 1_zps6a682cd7.jpg]

@ramalooke welcome, bro! Ive said that before, but awesome gesture man! Keep posting.

Playing with a mixer brush. Did a pans labyrinth lightening study during the morning stream.

Attached Files Image(s)

Study from the night stream, still trying to figure out how to use a mixer brush.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ramalooke Cool figures! I like the way you shade that character, looks like marker, really nice look.

Caisne Awesome studies, you said before though not to always just do study study study - just reminding you : ) By the way, what is this 'make studies fun' method? You are adding your own stuff to the image?

Some real basic perspective exercises and studies from me, using my little ones toys which are really good for this type of beginner study because they are so simple and clean edges and stuff:

[Image: hPFFQX2.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
@JyonnyNovice
Thanks man

Stuff and things

[Image: 2015_zpse23f9d40.jpg]

@Ramalooke nice legs! Chick hand (the one she holds the sword with) is a little bit short. Also she seems to fall to the right for me.

@JyonnyNovice Glad to see you studying perspective! Looks like a blue print Btw. Try to use a foreshortened square to nail the correct circle in perspective. Here is some theory http://www.automotiveillustrations.com/t...ctive.html

The more fun study, is basically using a reference, but changing the subject or story of it into more entertainment industry ready. Like Therese an epic landscape - add a colossus XD. Yea you shouldn't do only studies, but hell its so fun, cant do nothing to myself.

Did a paint over for AART44

fun studies from today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Okay. Just got registered in the forum. I'll be posting progress in the group. I'm afraid it's gonna be slow for now, as i'm recovering from burnout for quite some time now.
Keep on your studies!
Caisne Yea I thought since they are 'plans' I'd make them look like a blueprint. Thanks for the link, I know that stuff just gotta get better at drawing it - slowly slowly!

Aumes Welcome to the hideout! Look forward to seeing your stuff.

Something from today, drawing in ball point is nice to practice line economy, not so unforgiving as ink, at least you can make some light construction lines first:

[Image: D3FDF8N.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Well well well, It's been a long time since I uploaded anything haha, here goes most what I've done digitally during these first 12 days of january, equivalent of about 8/9 days of full studying, and the rest would be traditional stuff, or just things that I'm not uploading, or I just erased-deleted. 99% from imagination.

[Image: eKwpRjU.jpg]

Aaand the merchant guy that I didn't finish

[Image: Q83MIWf.png]

Awesome studies guys, I'm loving yours Caisne.

@Gliger Man, seeing you streaming every day through the day was super inspiring! That merchant looks awesome, nice approach. Going to finish it?

@JyonnyNovice did a quick paintover for your skull, hope itll help a little.

@Aumes Its good to have you here man. looking forward to see your studies and personal pieces. Make yourself comfortable.

studyies ive been doing yesterday and on todays morning stream

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne Thanks for the paintover!

Trying a bit harder with this one, gap between the teeth too big and cheekbone shape on the far side bulging too much, but pretty happy with this one otherwise:

[Image: jGWRC2Y.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram