ABANDONED HIDEOUT
Great work everyone :)

just doing some studies :
i hope i didn't do more mistakes on the last piece

[Image: aHpgNBG.jpg]

[Image: Bjd8C5N.jpg]
Hey everybody !!! Really great stuff in here. Thank you for letting me join this group. This is a little goblin I did yesterday :)

I've been studying perspective. I'll post here today's exercise:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-13%2Bat%2B5.19.14%2BPM.png]

And an atmosphere study:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-13%2Bat%2B8.21.19%2BPM.png]
@Aumes Love the atmosphere studies. Got to do a few like this myself. Never tried it.

@Yusuf Zmirlin Make yourself comfortable man! Thx for posting! That is a really cool design you got there. I love it, its somethings you don't see around when it comes to goblins. I did a really quick paint over, hope its ok with you. Also there's a few things i guess i can give you as an advice.
-Keep in mind that Face in not as shiny as the reflections of the armor. If its overall value is too bright - itll look like its produce light itself which is not realistic. try to divide materials, right now the goblin looks made out of same material. Think more about materials the objects are made from. What is skin, what is metal, cloth etc.
- Balance soft and hard edges. Right now edges on your design are too soft all over the place, it makes the goblin flat and blurry. Try using a hard edge brush with less pressure - opacity sensitivity to get more solid tones - now its a little bit muddy.
- don't go crazy with the details in shadow. Shadow - is an area blocked from light, thats why we cant see to much there. we see light, not contours objects etc. No light - no details.
- keep in mind the direction of light! Overall really cool design man, looking forward to see more from you!

Hope itll help a little.

@art44 Nice to see that you made some changes to the piece you let me crit. You got a story going in that work, wich is awesome, many artists lack that thing. Dont forget about junk and things like taht, our planet is not too clean if it comes to the places like the one on your pic.

@JyonnyNovice Looks better man! You used a reference for this one? If ton - give it a shot. Its hard to do something from scratch if you dont have enough info 'bout the object stored in your head. Try to use a reference, then close it and try to repeat from head. Itll suck. Repeat the process until its beautiful XD I guess the eye sockets got a little wierd form.

did one more costume study this night

Attached Files Image(s)

one more costume study from the morning stream!

Attached Files Image(s)

@Aumes Awesome perspective study ! as for the atmosphere comps I think you could push the colors and light a little further to enhance the idea of each time of day.

@Caisne Oh man thank you so much for the advice and the paint over ! I'll try to get to these issues and hopefully repeat less of them next time.

Today I did these studies of pirates costumes so I'm planning for tomorrow to paint pirates from imagination.

Aumes Great building! Takes a lot of patience and endurance to do those things!

Caisne Awesome costumes - do you pick a new topic each week and hammer it out?

Yusuf Cool studies, looking forward to see your imaginative pirates!

Some more perspective stuff from me, just practicing making volumes and sculpting out details:

[Image: 0OMn0Ls.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Some studies from yesterday:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-15%2Bat%2B8.25.58%2BAM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-15%2Bat%2B8.28.59%2BAM.png]

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-14%2Bat%2B10.12.22%2BPM.png]

(01-15-2015, 09:41 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Aumes Great building! Takes a lot of patience and endurance to do those things!

Caisne Awesome costumes - do you pick a new topic each week and hammer it out?

Yusuf Cool studies, looking forward to see your imaginative pirates!

Some more perspective stuff from me, just practicing making volumes and sculpting out details:

[Image: 0OMn0Ls.jpg]

Thanks JyonnyNovice. It just takes time, but it's an interesting exercise to do.
Keep up the studies!

@Yusuf Zmirlin Thanks. It's still WIP, i haven't checked the light and shadow yet, but i'll follow your tip on the color (that's were i struggle the most).

In your studies, the pirate in color is a good example.

Keep on!
@Aumes Really nice robot man, but i guess it lacks a surface detail a little bit. You know scratches, a little bit of dirt maybe, paint wear out on edges etc...

@JyonnyNovice yea i love to stik wit a subject for at least one week or more, until i got bored.

@Yusuf Zmirlin youre welcome man! Good luck with that pirate dude.

Did a paint over for the Slapper in the hideout

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the crit @Caisne . I got to study more, man. Right now i'm trying to figure out the brushwork, tuning the strokes, 'cause the transition from traditional to digital is not an easy grab. I'm doing another study on the matter and the struggle is so evident.

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-15%2Bat%2B5.42.56%2BPM.png]
Sketching straight in color without a line drawing is hard, I may have to rethink my workflow again. Anyway, here they come my pirates :D

Perspective study cont'd:

[Image: Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-16%2Bat%2B8.56.26%2BAM.png]
Hey, here goes nothing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Crap Sorry for not posting for so long, Been working on that shit for the last few days. Could've been better considering so much time spent.

@Slapper Nice studies, man. Keep rocking. You'll get there.

@Yusuf Zmirlin Fine designs, friend. But keep an eye on your values. Try to keep black saturation layer on top of all layers, youll be able to check values by turning it on and off while working with color.

@Aumes Nice gesture and movement feel. Face looks a little to masculine tho. Girl usualli got more rounded faces, narrow chin and jaw. Cheekbones are also not so hard edged

Attached Files Image(s)

Bad study from todays stream

Attached Files Image(s)

@Caisne I love the colors on that study.

Attached Files Image(s)

@Slapper Maybe colors re ok, but I wasn't able to ketch the feeling i want. Nice torso study <3

Thumbs from todays stream

Attached Files Image(s)

Aumes The building is looking awesome, still say you need a lot of patience to do that.

Yusuf Pirates came out nice!

Slapper Welcome man! Great studies!

Caisne Прохолодно thumbnails! (probably doesn't translate right haha)

Some highlights from my trip to Finland, life drawing and imaginative drawing for a whole week, was a really good experience to not look at bloody computer screen to draw stuff. More drawings from the trip in my sketchbook if anyone's interested

[Image: 9VNvdOf.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
@JyonnyNovice I got the point. agree this thumbs looks too desaturated :( And nice stuff man. Love this sketchbook pages. Finland must be really beautiful winter

Morning studies and failed environment

Attached Files Image(s)