Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
@Fedodika, Thank you :3 I'll work on that! 

@John, Hey John!! Thank you for taking the time out to do a paintover!  Thumbs_up 
Yeah I'm getting sick of the faces in pixelovely so ill try out drawing the same person rotated. I came across a channel on youtube that has heads rotating for this purpose exactly.
I'll see if that helps! 

@Jonesoda, Cheers! I was thinking not enough variety  Tongue

Heya I was just studying legs to other day. See we got that in common. haha

Anyway nice wokr on the latest studies, especially on the bust. It's just nice to see people actually take their time and really try to get the shapes correctly!
oooh that blue bust sketch is very good! watch the proportions around the chins, they are usually longer; try to get a system of measurements for a rule of thumb like hampton of loomis maybeh hehe <3

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@Zipfelzeus, Thanks alot! Can't skip leg day haha

@Fedodika, Cheers! yeah i'm trying to train myself to keep proportions in mind but i keep getting lost in a sketch and kinda daydreaming while i do it but i know what you mean and i will try change my crooked ways  Stupid

Color/portrait/value study thing.
#12/50

you are on the rigth path! keep working as you have been working until now!

@Sketchosoph, Thanks alot! :)

@Johny, I'll try me best haha, cheers!

been gone awhile  Stupid

sketching a bit in Elizabeth fort. 

more....

my first attempt at a piece, early stages but I can't see myself finishing it  Sad

#13 William Orpen study (starting to get some kind of a process going) 

5 Minute heads

Still have no imagination :/ 

watercolor still life's

checking if these portrait studies transfer to acrylic traditional.

#14/50

I set a goal to do one hundred heads from imagination...... i can see slight improvement so i'm going to try this again, maybe with something else i want to practice.  Stupid

blah!

Imagination doodles  Sick, puke

hey dude! great stuff man, love those blue sketches with the white highlights! and the pen stuff looks cool too! Not sure if you tried this exercise, where you just scribble a random shape and then make a face from it, it's really fun and useful to try and 'break out' of your visual library of faces and features - a lot of people's faces in reality do give a pretty cartoony impression after all!

Here's a few of what I mean. Sometimes they turn out crappy like these but I still loosened up from them and discovered a few nice things I can use in a more deliberate drawing. Also it's a great way to 'test' yourself on anatomy of the face by adding as much stuff as you can to make it all fit together 'correctly'.

http://i.imgur.com/pQy6vjh.jpg

Take it easy!

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Wow, lots of practice, looking better and better! Just keep going!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
I think the best feeling in the world is when you come to crimson daggers (after sleeping for half a year or more xD) and check out people you've been following and see how much they improved and how much they worked and practiced. Man you've come so far. I've been looking at your last 2 pages and just... looking... I can't even accept the fact that you improved so much. I can just congratulate you at this point and wish for even better future.

Btw, i really liked that study where you placed faces on top of skull. Also, black and white paintings look amazing too. :D

// Sketchbook // DeviantArt //

May the painting skills be with you! :3
@Jyonny, yeah i tried that a few times but they look so bad haha. Thanks for the comment!! 

@Bookend, Cheers Book  Blushing

@stonedpanda, I really appricate the compliment panda! Just look at the last three people that commented on my sb. same people from the start! I love it  In love

Figure and paint!!

I dunno why some pics went sideways :/ ah well....

It has been too long  Meh 

Back on the portrait hype train.....#15,16,17,18/50 

likeness is hard but getting a little better every time.

if you upload the reference i can give you critiques on likeness ;)

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey Fedodika! 

That's so kind of you! took me awhile to find the pictures haha

Proportions are the obvious thing for me to work on.

Thank you!  Blushing

Alrighty, for the far left one, the head is tilted way more to the right and upwards. Pay attention to how his eye on our left its tiny compared to the cheek bone, there should be way more space for that to exist and you indicated the eye on our right as it appears in the reference, but since the rest of the head in yours isnt tilting that way it looks out of place

For the second to the left youre getting a few things right, but notice how his head tilts more towards the right and the essence of that angle is in that tilt. His jaw underneath should go further back, which would push the rest of the cranial mass. You'll notice the way you drew his ear, and how much space there is of his head going behind the ear, but in the photo it nearly tangents the ear to show the full mass of the head. And his nose is slanted in yours, like its pulling to the left, but with that proper tilt of the head it'd be a better indication in perspective.

for JP most the problem is the spacing and size of the features. Like the eyes are slightly farther apart, and his lips are a bit wider, and his nose has more structure near the end. His jaw is also fuller, its goes down lower and the top of his head is higher in the reference to show that very egglike form of his forehead.

For (fry?) his eyebrows are higher up, almost ladylike. and the forms of his head like his nose are larger. I hate to say it but his face is less symmetrical than what youve indicated. His eyes are lopsided, his nose is crooked, his lip is off center. The guy you've indicated looks quite menacing and evil, closer to like anthony hopkins maybe, but in the photo he seems gregarious and charming in his fatness lol.

Hope that gives you some ideas ;) dont be shy from posting more!

I been looking at the water color i think you need to either reduce the amount of water on the tool or change paper it not suppose to make the paper work so much and it distract from the artwork.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
@Fedodika, Thank you so much! Great Critiques as usual. 

Yeah i have noticed that i don't get the angle right away and i just continue the drawing instead of just correcting it and rubbing it out and starting over. I really need to work on measurements more because i like eyeballing too much :P

Thank you again for the help! I will read this again before i do my next few drawings!  Thumbs_up

@darkiste, Hi. Which watercolors? the one with the apple and the tomatoes in the cup? 
When i use watercolor i always use too much water. I guess its easier to correct if i make a mistake. Ill try change that next time. Thank you!

#19,20/50 

Michael D. higgins and Carl marx..... also some flowers.

I love the way you seem to simplify and still got a likeness.Would be good to test yourself on smooth shading on the other hand.No hatching.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.