pindurski's SB
misty - yeah, a dad with no time to art anymore!

EduardoGaray - thank you:)

Picking away at this, but with only limited time to spend on each session, which is sparse at best, I am not getting much done:) I've become a master at changing diapers though:)

hey welcome to the daggers ^_^ nice sketchbook ya have here keep it up!

Awesome start to your SB! Cant wait to see more.

Awesome awesome work you got here! Keep posting, looking forward to see more! :D

You must be busy as hell now, but i hope you will still be posting good stuff from time to time. :)
Digging the composition in this one.

EduardoGaray: Soooo busy... down to about 5 hours of art-time a week.

Still picking away... sadly there won't be much variety in this SB until I get more "free" time.

wowza you're pretty good! Great compositions, values, drafstman skills! Yea really great on those three. i hope i don't sound like a dick when i say i think you should really try to improve the vibrance and beauty of the colors in your pieces. While the values definitely work, i can't praise em enough, the colors could use a little push but their just about there so it's nothing big! hope you're getting work out your ears haha

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hey man good to see your new stuff! I also decided to migrate from CA. Your last piece is really great - you really nailed the anatomy and lighting. Its really convincing - well done! Hopefully you wwill have some time to post new stuff, and congrats on the new arrival!

Fedodika - Thanks for stopping by. You don't sound like a dick at all and I'm always open to crit:) I'm still trying to find my personal style. When I do lay down vibrant colours I tend to think that's just not me. Naturally I lean towards a more unsaturated feel. But some selective vibrance would serve me well I think:) Thanks for the feedback!

Kimonaaaas! - Glad you migrated:) This piece is giving me fits now. It's been dragging on forever and now I just want it done... but I have to be patient and not rush it.

Just roughly blocking in colour, hopefully things start moving a little faster now... I like the blue red combo!

Cool art.

a lot of your edges look overly hard to me, sort of Brad Rigney-esque before he realized what he was doing. I would mess around with some more soft edges, it might help.

Otherwise, the perspective and composition are all pretty solid.

JJ Aaron - Thanks for stopping by. Rigney's art is definitely one of my primary inspirations. Yeah, edge control is not one of my strong points. Thanks for the input... something to definitely work on!

This damn thing is finally finished. Now I can finally make my submission to some publishers and see what happens - honestly I don't think my art is quite at the level, but maybe they will offer some feedback. You never know unless you try:)

Wow, looks amazing. Looks like a book cover or poster or something, just awesome man. Grin

Keep up the great work!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
And with that my Applibot application is done!

Well done pindurski, best of luck with your submission! I wish you success...

Hey awesome work man. Love your images but in my opinion you should get rid of the secound and third image from your aplibot portfolio. They stand out to much and serve you no good. Side of that awesome stuff and I wish you luck!

ramalooke - thanks, but i had already submitted it. I got a response from them saying they weren't hiring for that position, but would keep my application on file. Personally I think that is their polite way of saying it's not up to par. Which is totally fine, I half expected that... i just wish they would have come right out and said it:)

Anyways, taking a break from that kind of work here is the start of new one: Wizard vs Giants.

You have such an awesome, seemingly natural affinity for composition. I envy your ability to churn out these amazing, dynamic works. :)

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
I love the dynamic feeling the last piece gives! They all actually have very cool perspective.
May I ask, when you add colours to a b&w painting, what method do you use? :)

Thanks Bookend! I suppose it comes with practice.

Again, thanks maggie I generally start with a "colour" layer and I keep on adding additional colour layers trying out different combinations until I am happy. I then create a new solid paint layer on top of everything. Of course I keep base layer mask available so if I need to single out,let's say the characters silhouette, i can quickly do a layer selection and mask/crop what I desire. Hope that makes sense. I have a pretty decent knowledge of Photoshop so I abuse the shit out of layers and masking techniques:)

Exploring my options here. God... I haven't sketched in sooo long it's freeing to not be worrying about precision:)