Chris Rob's Sketchbook
Nice studies in here Chris, keep up that hardwork .

Watch out for the straight lines in your figures, it has a stiff look when you connect straight line after straight line.

Happynew year!
Thanks For the feedback BenFlores, Ill keep that in mind on my next anatomy study

Painted the mech from last time
[Image: 184%20Mech.jpg]
Process
[Image: 185%20Mech%20Process.jpg]
C&C are wellcome

Hey Chris!

Thats a really nice sketchbook! The volume you put in is crazy. A few posts back I read that you are a fulltime student, which program do you participate in?

Regarding the mech: Personally I feel like the mech could benefit from some "high-frequency" detail, if you know what I mean. I think some little wires, a few more joints here an there, maybe some scratches, or really detailed gears would help to make it feel more alive and dynamic. And it could be a good way to arrange the focal area.

Anyway, great work, keep it up!

Hey miracoly , thanks for your feedback,
Im currently learning at CGMA , i've taken almost all of the fundamental they're awesome.

I want to take this month to refresh on my Fundamentals with different subject everyweek\

Week 1 Perspective
Perspective Study
[Image: 186%20Mech%20Process.jpg]

Some more perspective study

[Image: 187%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 188%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 189%20Sketches.jpg]

Week 2 Anatomy
[Image: 191%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 192%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 190%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 194%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 193%20Sketches.jpg]
[Image: 195%20Sketches.jpg]

The sheer volume of your work just blows me away. Stay excellent.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Thanks RottenPocket

Week3: Ligthing
[Image: 197%20Light%20Study_2.jpg]
[Image: 198%20Light%20Study_2.jpg]
[Image: 199%20Light%20Study_2.jpg]
[Image: 200%20Light%20Study.jpg]

Sketches - Pose Study[Image: 202%20Sketches_1.jpg]
[Image: 201%20Sketches_2.jpg]
[Image: 203%20Sketches_1.jpg]
Personal Piece
[Image: 196%20Sketches_2.jpg]
C&C are wellcome

Didnt do much this week ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Still Life
[Image: 204%20Still%20Life.jpg]
Material  Ball[Image: 205%20Material.jpg]
Master Study
[Image: 206%20Master%20Study.jpg]

These studies are very very great, I'd suggest doing more imagination sketches after you studied, so you can apply them brilliantly.

Btw, which class do you take? Or do you go to art school?

Hey, Thanks Tripna, yeah i need to do more imagination sketches ,i copy too much :P ,somehow im affraid of creating something out of my head 
I didnt go to artschool, Im currently taking class at CGMA "Character Design for animation" and "Illustration for Film"

Assignment This week
This is the first time i do a graphic aproach to my character design
[Image: 207%20Character%20Thumbnail.jpg]
[Image: 208%20Character%20Design1.jpg]
Character Thumbnails
[Image: 209%20Character%20Design1.jpg]

(02-08-2016, 02:00 AM)Chris Rob Wrote: Hey, Thanks Tripna, yeah i need to do more imagination sketches ,i copy too much :P ,somehow im affraid of creating something out of my head 
I didnt go to artschool, Im currently taking class at CGMA "Character Design for animation" and "Illustration for Film"

I understand that so well man, everyone feels that as far as i know. It is something very much out of the comfort zone, you just need to start doing it, first times will be probably terrible compared to whats in your head. But it gets better and better.
I try to do imaginative work for drawings sake, not to produce pretty pictures. Because nothing ever I make satisfies me completely, so I try to cut off that perspective of "only the result matters".

And I can say your imaginative figures are on the verge of breaking thru. I mean, there is this barrier everyone has and when you go over that suddenly things happen much easier.

Have fun

Sorry for the late reply
Yeah i agree with that, i feel the pressure of being good, i need to just get used to it i guess
Im trying to do an imaginary sketches everyday without the pressure to show anyone. Thanks for the tips its really helpful

Assignment from this week
[Image: 211%20Knight%20Design.jpg]
[Image: 210%20Knight%20Design.jpg]
[Image: 212%20Thumbnail.jpg]

Awesome stuff! Love the small greyscale thumbs, you can see your studies paying off, and I love the shape designs in your characters. How is studying from CGMA going? As someone who is paying a bunch of money to attempt a regular university I can't help but watch you guys who are doing it independently all starry-eyed and bewildered, haha.

Hey Zombie Chinchilla thanks, sorry for the late reply
Doin pretty good with the class, been really buzy with it lately

Wk3, Character Assignment 
[Image: 213%20Pirate.jpg]
[Image: 214%20Pirates.jpg]
Character For Film
[Image: 215Knight%20Line.jpg]
[Image: 216Knight%20Line.jpg]
poses used for the assignment [Image: 217Base%20Pose.jpg]

Nice stuff man, I can say one thing about the pirate character designs, especially the fat one with purple stripes;

When designing for animation I think the most important stuff is the big shapes, getting the proportions of them right is key because animation is mostly about those big shapes and the exaggerated movement of those big shapes. The fat pirate's shapes seem kind of out of proportion to me. It doesn't seem balanced.
I like the rest a lot, keep up the work.

Hey tripna thanks for the feedback, Yeah i agree, i used the same shape for the shoe with the same proportion as the captain, i should make it not only bigger but wider or taller in a way , and maybe the hand is a bit big 

This weeks assignment
Character Assignment
[Image: 221.jpg]
[Image: 222.jpg]

Character Illustration for Film 
[Image: 220.jpg]
[Image: 219.jpg]

Self Potrait
[Image: 223.jpg]
Random Sketches
[Image: 218Sketch.jpg]

Dang man you are really inspiring me to put in a ton more work! The amount of studies you do is amazing, and I can definitely see them paying off in your more polished work. Awesome stuff, as always.

Wow! So many great,great studies! I need to practice more! You're so inspiring!
Great job getting better and better, i can really see your improvement, especially with putting your work in perspective.

Keep getting better! :)

Thanks ZombieChinchilla and BlackDelphin

This weeks work
Character Assignment
[Image: 224.jpg]
[Image: 225.jpg]

Character Ilusstration for Film/Game
[Image: 227.jpg]
[Image: 228.jpg]

Random Sketch
[Image: 226.jpg]