Sketchboooook!
Great sketchbook, I'm really digging your style! Got nothing to crit so far. Just keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing more! (:

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
(08-30-2015, 01:25 AM)Cyprinus Wrote: Great sketchbook, I'm really digging your style! Got nothing to crit so far. Just keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing more! (:

Thanks! Thumbs_up

I have started adding values to some of my sketches from yesterday. I made up the lighting scenario's. I dont know if the top left makes a whole lot of sense, in terms of lighting. But, will probably finish off painting the rest of the sketches tommorrow.Smirk 

hmm... Bomb just one of those days today. Feeling like anything I do is absolutely awful. Oh well... Doh still enjoying the process though.  Stupid here's some heads I have drawn from imagination. Some of them make me crack up Laugh

Leyendecker head studies

progress on the value paintings from memory...  Thinking

Final sketches for today... decided to sketch some of my favourite video game characters from JSR + practising drawing the rib cage in perspective. Happy  

sooo... I was given this commission to paint a dog  Meh ive come to the conclusion its not my favourite thing to draw or paint. But anyway... here's the process of it and the final painting. Stupid  

Sick, puke

Those character studies, and your characters are lovely.

I'm really feeling your style - it's something I've found really elusive, did it just emerge over time or did you set out looking for a certain feel to your work?

(09-01-2015, 03:51 AM)lurch Wrote: Those character studies, and your characters are lovely.

I'm really feeling your style - it's something I've found really elusive, did it just emerge over time or did you set out looking for a certain feel to your work?

Hi Lurch, thank you for the kind words Thumbs_up  hmm...  Thinking I would say its a bit of both, I made the decision about 8 months ago to alter my style a bit because I didn't really like my current style at the time. I used to use a lot of rounder forms and shape language in my drawings, it just felt really tame to me. so I started to exaggerate forms and use more angles and straights in my work, whilst still maintaining a good gesture.  Thumbs_up

soooo.... I decided to start a painting of Killua from Hunter X Hunter. Thumbs_up one of my favourite characters atm. He's just so bad ass! Grin Im not sure on the composition of this painting though. Thinking but I kinda like it so far. I always loose motivation on paintings because I feel like the original sketch has much more energy and life to it. when I start tightening up my drawings and paintings I feel like im loosing the initial energy that the sketch had. oh well.... just power on I suppose  Stupid

warm up gestures for today Party

Looking good CTrow, like the cartoony style of your sketches, keep em up

Love the stilized stuff man. Aesome sketchbook

(09-01-2015, 05:09 AM)CTrow Wrote: Hi Lurch, thank you for the kind words Thumbs_up  hmm...  Thinking I would say its a bit of both, I made the decision about 8 months ago to alter my style a bit because I didn't really like my current style at the time. I used to use a lot of rounder forms and shape language in my drawings, it just felt really tame to me. so I started to exaggerate forms and use more angles and straights in my work, whilst still maintaining a good gesture.  Thumbs_up

Cool, I always wonder how people end up with their style!

You have a kinda graffiti feel to your stuff, like when you colour, to me it feels a little like spraypaint.

Would love to see you tackle some environments and stuff too.

Jamesxwu / Caisne: thank you  Thumbs_up 

Lurch: ooo.... its funny you should mention that because I actually was really into graffiti when I was younger I always thought it was so cool  Stupid i guess it rubbed off on me in some ways. Yeh I should really do more environments I will post some soon  Thumbs_up 

2 hour figure drawing practice ranging from 30 seconds to 1 hour and everything in between Stupid 

Duude!

I really like the direction that your stylization is taking! Your process is really interesting.

What is your approach on it? What are you trying to achieve, and what you think about it? I find it truly inspiring, that's why i'd like to know a little bit about your thought process >3<

Thank you, and keep rocking

(09-04-2015, 03:03 AM)Rhasdra Wrote: Duude!

I really like the direction that your stylization is taking! Your process is really interesting.

What is your approach on it? What are you trying to achieve, and what you think about it? I find it truly inspiring, that's why i'd like to know a little bit about your thought process >3<

Thank you, and keep rocking

thank you!  Blushing  I still feel like I have a long way to go to really flesh out my style, but I will try my best to answer your questions. in terms of approach I try to create a sense of movement I love it when characters feel alive like you have caught them in the middle of an action. when I start a drawing in my style I tend to first think about the character, are they good or evil etc.. and that determines the gesture of that character. I also tend to exaggerate my shapes and forms, squashing and stretching them. 

your question asking what I think about my style... hmmmm... I like some things such as the exaggeration, but I still feel like ive got a long way to go.  Thumbs_up

I hope that answers your questions  Nervous smile, ahehe and thank you for the kind words!

Wow! You draw great caricatures. I also like your shaded figure studies- they look like stylized sculptures!

Stupid 

(09-04-2015, 11:37 PM)kmink Wrote: Wow! You draw great caricatures. I also like your shaded figure studies- they look like stylized sculptures!

thanks man!  Thumbs_up

some late night figure drawings ranging from 30 seconds to  2 mins