Nogueira's sketchbook
Photo 
Hello all.
I've scouted these forums for a while. I heard and noticed, it is a nice place to get and receive feedback.
I'm a freelance concept artist and sometimes graphic designer who is never happy with the quality of the work produced.
Critiques are warmly welcome. :)

Some prop designs I'm working on, with the new art schedule I've made for myself.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another one, a simple(-er) approach.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice concepts, have you studied architecture or something like this?

Very nice design work Mnogueira :). That street advertisement looks believable, like it could actually exist in the future. I also like the professional way you've presented your work, very cool :).

Looking forward to more!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks guys. You are too kind, I still feel I have a ton more work to do.

@Ice Rider, I did not study architecture, as in, I did not take any architecture classes if that's what you mean, I look around buildings and try to see how they are built, the most I did was studying the art side of architecture in art school, but did not directly teach me if a building will fall or stand!

@Artloader, thank you, you are being kind, the concept has been done a thousand times but I tried to re-invent it, felt like re-inventing the wheel though, but I'm happy with it.
Updating the sketchbook with a WIP. You know, I decided that posting finished or nearly finished stuff isn't really helping, I want to post crap art and WIPs, to just show the foundation behind the work, I think it helps more and probably leads to better feedback.

So here is some crap wip, using base mesh for the human scale.

[Image: cr.jpg?raw=1]
Using 3d software is always an excellent way to establish perspective and composition. I'm intrigued by your most recent WIP. I'm looking forward to seeing it advance :)
(12-07-2016, 05:47 PM)chubbycat Wrote: Using 3d software is always an excellent way to establish perspective and composition. I'm intrigued by your most recent WIP. I'm looking forward to seeing it advance :)

Thanks! I really dig your avatar! I haven't watched a single episode of the new season of Vikings, sadly! I'm slacking on that to favor the art habit.

Here is the progression from the 3D

[Image: 1n2fxczrbkqw.jpg]

And a couple characters I'm working on towards Borderlands/Fury beats style. C&C welcome!

[Image: m0o7q9r54zsh.jpg]

Before this I also painted a couple elemental nymphs

[Image: ok2ul36eqivy.jpg]
GuardarGuardar
Hello 2017!

Here is part 2
[Image: vttgbcuz549q.jpg]

And prop design I skipped previously, from a different world.
[Image: 3idlcz3xvxd4.jpg]
Quote: Thanks! I really dig your avatar! I haven't watched a single episode of the new season of Vikings, sadly! I'm slacking on that to favor the art habit.

Thank you :). I am in exactly the same boat.. it kills me every week to neglect it in favor of art. My justification is that I'll wait for the new season to come to netflixs before I binge watch it, haha. I must admit, I keep watch of your sketchbook both here and PC. Hope all is well and here's to a great 2017. Loving the art you're bringing it it already n____n
Hey, welcome to CD! Your stuff is looking really nice. I especially like the advertisement design in your first post, the presentation is really clean and well-done. Your character designs are also fun, but I think some anatomy studies would really improve your figures.

Hey chubbycat, thanks! I wish you well in 2017. Your anatomy sketchbook is becoming really strong! I like the improvements! :) 
Let's just work the as* off now and then get revenge on lazying around and watching vikings, am I right? xD

~~

Hey Zombie, thanks for dropping by! I try to study anatomy before I commit to a pose, if I don't know what's going on with it. Sometimes stuff slips by, can you be specific on problems/offenders you saw? :)
Hello to you sexy peeps.
Here's more of what I've been up to, unfortunately I did so much drawing in this cold winter, that I got frostbit, so while I can't draw a lot, I am updating my sketchbook.
With some samurai and technique exploration
[Image: qwxdw7pieumm.jpg]

And some horror stuff, I did some environments, to fill in some blanks of environment work

[Image: z5shiog3gmbf.jpg]

[Image: cgw1rm2t2ftf.jpg]

[Image: evku5mfmo1e0.jpg]

I may add some ghosts, I dont know yet. It seems kind of... overdone by everyone