SketchStick's Studies
Hi! I'll just be dumping my studies here. I'll be tackling the things that frustrate me the most, so expect this thread to be extra ugly, no critique needed.

Was going to start with gestures but I clearly need to do an anatomy tracing, there was too many bumps I couldn't identify on the back.
Hey, welcome to Crimson Daggers.

Looking forward to see more, do you have any goals or artistic direction you are aiming for?

(08-31-2015, 08:24 PM)CaDisciple Wrote: Hey, welcome to Crimson Daggers.

Looking forward to see more, do you have any goals or artistic direction you are aiming for?

Thanks!

My main goal is to do art full-time, but I currently spend too much time fixing mistakes I shouldn't be making in the first place. It sucks the fun out of the process and it's dangerous when you have deadlines.

Artistically I know exactly what I want, but I'm still far off from achieving it. Let me just say complete scenes, slightly cartoony designs, crisp edges, rich colours and alla prima brushwork. I have an inspiration folder with different artists for different strengths, but none are a prime example.

Most of what I'll need to work on is the fundamentals of drawing, as a solid drawing is the only way I can get the crisp edges and brushwork I want on the environment and characters. If I have that, it's also near impossible for me to screw up the painting, as I can always fall back on the drawing and try again.

I know exactly what needs to be done and if I put my nose to the grind-stone I can probably address the worst of it within six months and move onto doing art full-time. Since people are so fixated on characters, anatomy and hands are the two main ones I'll need to address. Less essential but next on the list will be landscapes, interiors and still lifes.
I love the roundness of the bum-bums, it makes me feel all "tickly".

(09-02-2015, 03:25 PM)Vicianus Wrote: I love the roundness of the bum-bums, it makes me feel all "tickly".

Hey it's not my fault the model has dat booty, they call it the gluteus maximus for a reason...

Welcome to daggers!
Nice start, post some of your stuff from imagination as well soon :).