Linda Bergkvist Tutorials
I don't know if any of you folks remember her from way back in 2007, but I do.  She was one of my inspirations in becoming an artist!

I thought maybe this might be seen as being more of a help just to me!  So I tracked them down.

Hair + skin tutorials: http://referencesforartists.tumblr.com/p...w-to-paint

Eye tutorial: http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFe...istic_eyes

If there's any I'm missing, feel free to post!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Yeah, of course I do remember her :) she was an inspiration for me too!
Does anyone have any news of her? I'd love to see whatever she'd be working on..

She was the shiiiii-!

Good stuff linking her tutes for the Daggers, Bookend! I'd also recommend linking in the Post Useful Resources Here thread, if it hasn't been already (http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html).

I just wish she didn't stop doing what she was doing because of the jealous haters. Not sure Sula, but from what I've read over the web, she still does arts, just doesn't share anything on the interwebz because of all the B.S she went through.

People can be real bumheads, y'know?

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(09-06-2015, 04:04 PM)smrr Wrote: She was the shiiiii-!

Good stuff linking her tutes for the Daggers, Bookend! I'd also recommend linking in the Post Useful Resources Here thread, if it hasn't been already (http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html).

I just wish she didn't stop doing what she was doing because of the jealous haters. Not sure Sula, but from what I've read over the web, she still does arts, just doesn't share anything on the interwebz because of all the B.S she went through.

People can be real bumheads, y'know?

Alrighty, linked in the useful resources thread!  Thanks smrr. Grin

I agree--  I would've killed to see new stuff from her the last few years.  She's a great inspiration.

(09-06-2015, 11:17 AM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: Yeah, of course I do remember her :) she was an inspiration for me too!
Does anyone have any news of her? I'd love to see whatever she'd be working on..

After she worked on The Golden Compass, I think she became a teacher in Sweden.  That's my best guess.  I hope she's doing well!

I almost want to start up a kickstarter for her or something, lol. Or a petition. The 'Come Back, Linda, We Miss You!' petition. Grin

Sketchblag

Ooooh, that hair.

I don't suppose a kickstarter would do the trick, considering. It's a shame, really. I miss her art so much. Some jealous idiots throwing shit at someone, and the whole world is poorer for it :/

(09-12-2015, 10:34 PM)Olooriel Wrote: I don't suppose a kickstarter would do the trick, considering. It's a shame, really. I miss her art so much. Some jealous idiots throwing shit at someone, and the whole world is poorer for it :/

Yeah...  I have this profound sense of sadness, knowing that there is work she's making that I can't see, because others had to ruin it. Sigh.

Sketchblag

Yes, I remember her works.
What happned to her? she okay?

(09-25-2015, 03:21 PM)Prabu Wrote: Yes, I remember her works.
What happned to her? she okay?

Nobody knows for sure.  She could be teaching, or she might be so busy with film/games that she doesn't communicate..  Or she could have gotten sick and took a hiatus from art... 

I don't think she left because of the so-called 'scandal'.  I think it was something else.  She was still online and updating her website for a year or so afrerwards.  But, who knows.  Maybe there was so much hate mail and crap and she didn't know how to deal.

I am curious, though, about the details behind that.  Was it actually a legitimate 'scandal'?  I've seen people defend her method by saying professionals do paint-overs, and only professionals can pass them off as brilliantly as she did.  That she wasn't 'cheating'.  And, Hell, she did tutorials, and even showed her breakdown.

I never got the chance to actually see what she said about it, if anything at all, though.

Sketchblag

hmm, I checked her DA page & Journal....she was harrased.
very unfortunate.

Almost 7-8 years have passed. I hope she is okay now.

(10-13-2015, 04:49 AM)Prabu Wrote: hmm, I checked her DA page & Journal....she was harrased.
very unfortunate.

Almost 7-8 years have passed. I hope she is okay now.

I'm not sure if that's the reason why she disappeared, though.. But, it seems the most logical explanation.  Before she left, on her website, she said she was sick--  The nature of the illness is unknown.  It might have been more serious than it first appeared based on what she wrote.

I also hope she's okay.  I fear we'll never know what happened.

Sketchblag

I am necro-ing this thread because I wanted to add something to the discussion of Linda Bergkivst/Enayla's disappearance, and because her tutorials are still good.

Prior to getting hounded by a guy (who later recanted all his criticisms, confessed that he's bipolar and was having a particularly bad year) over apparent photomanipulations or tracing (which may have just been heavy reference usage she wasn't up-front about), and prior to her posts about being sick, Enayla made this entry on Livejournal: https://enayla.livejournal.com/95840.html

She was already sick of the extremely online life and, genuine sickness or not, she was probably glad for an opportunity to disappear. She always seemed to dislike the nature of having an online presence, and I can't blame her, as much as I would like to know if she's still drawing or not. Truly, the greatest painter of sad elves and skinny emo boys.