Narog's sketchbook
(09-11-2018, 10:15 PM)darktiste Wrote: The brain get bored of a project pretty quick but with multiple project atleast you have option but there also the option of alway starting more project and that not so good at the end because you still need to finishing project.

Would be good to finish the back of that character for example.

Also there a difference between sketchy and sloppy.The difference is i wouldn't put a sloppy drawing in a portfolio.
I would say the bigger a figure is the less sloppy it can be.This is why i think you want to retourch that back facing character in the last piece.

If you show you can draw turn around you get better chance someone will hire you.

Yeah, it's true about multiple projects, I try to have maximum 3-4 nowadays. 
100 % agree on the character backview, it's barely a render with a couple blob/lines ;) I started doing it and then figured out I should make some backpack designs first. I should also indicate when something is a WIP so to avoid confusion in future.   

and a mandatory reply quick sketch ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm not the best with social media.

I attach a scribble/sketch to every post/reply I make in my threads. It might not be very sane.
I would put is arm as if he was about to swing the pose as weak energy in my opinion.I advice a few gesture thumbnail.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
@ Dartiste - He was more of a "I walk cautiously towards a foe" or something along those lines. Than again I probably did not put as much thought on him as I should ;)

Some things I've been doing lately, non complete because why would I post a finished nicely presented work in my sketchbook ?? blasphemy i tells ya ! :D

I've been doing some 3d stuff, it's super basic but even at that level I can see how useful it can be in illustrating/concept stuff. If you're afraid of 3d for some reasons, don't be, basic maya functions are super easy to learn.

Attached Files Image(s)

I attach a scribble/sketch to every post/reply I make in my threads. It might not be very sane.
Some stuff I've been working on lately. Dammit I could draw goblins all day ;D

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man, on your alien piece, you could try some more glossy effect on their skins.
(01-16-2019, 11:16 PM)Matheus Chastinet Wrote: Hey man, on your alien piece, you could try some more glossy effect on their skins.

I will try for practice sake at least :) 

and a finished Moonclan Grot. I loving the new AoS releases :) !

Attached Files Image(s)

That nice but you treat all materiel the same you should do some materiel study and use this chart.Black also absorb alot of light it rarely contrast so much.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-19-2019, 05:38 AM)darktiste Wrote: That nice but you treat all materiel the same you should do some materiel study and use this chart.Black also absorb alot of light it rarely contrast so much.

That really got me thinking, thanks for the tutorial ! 

It's why I like CD forums, it's the only place I get genuine crit really :)