POW!! A Comic Study Group
[Image: latest?cb=20120324051717]

So I'm curious to see who here has an interest in comic work, sequential art, comic strips, graphic novels, whatever you wish to call it. We could take this in any direction you guys want, to try to do a comic daily, or to develop ideas for a big story, pages for a webcomic, comic challenges, etc.

I've had a big interest in comics in the past few years and have done a few small ones, and I'm currently planning on making a big webcomic that is looking to be 100+ pages (so far), plus I'd like to challenge myself to do more small comics, each 1-2 pages.

So would anyone like to join me? It doesn't have to be intensive, it could be super casual, as long as we inspire and help each other.

SWEET!!1

I haven't tackled the subject yet because I tried to get a slight grasp of fundamentals first, but I'd really like to learn more about comics! \0/

I was planning on working on a comic anyways in a few weeks. I can offer crits for the time being. Though I dont know much about comics.

I've done a 24page one - which I was intending to make longer, but until I can work digitally + draw with my right hand again about all I can do is write the script and storyboard.
Also trying to write a longer one, I have a bunch of bookmarks on script writing etc if anyone wants me to post links.

Interested, could be a fun exercise, posting some of those Steve Lichman 4-6 panel style comics or things like that.

Something short sweet, but that also exercise the medium.

I'm glad to see that people are interested! I could make a thread soon in the Group Dailies section and post some resources there. I've read a couple comic art theory books that are great reads plus some online articles about it, plus I could recommend a couple comics that are just good examples of the craft.

Would everyone be fine with just posting their own work and critiquing each other or would you guys want more direction? I just want to make sure the group stays active so I'm curious what you guys think.

It'd be good to keep it as a post and critique, And also, suggest optional mini events for people to do now and then. Like, "you can post whatever you working on, or you can do this week's topic, which is continuity in comic panels" or whatever.

Weekly topics/recommendations would be great. :3

I know I'm super late, but I'm totally in! I'm probably send you an ask to your tumblr if you're still up for it!
Sorry for not doing anything with this for over a month! The thread is officially live, and will take place here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7074.html