Bryce's Sketchbook
Hey everyone, my name is Bryce, and I've been drawing for a little over three years now. I'm a high school senior and I'm currently working on my portfolio and looking to join a tattoo apprenticeship. Here's a few of my most recent drawings, I appreciate any feedback/criticism :p

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome bryce!

Too little work to crit right now , fill this up and keep us updated. Also, writing a small description along with your work helps people give helpful criticism. Good to see people interested in other fields here.
(01-01-2016, 07:58 AM)BenFlores Wrote: Welcome bryce!

Too little work to crit right now , fill this up and keep us updated. Also, writing a small description along with your work helps people give helpful criticism. Good to see people interested in other fields here.

will do, thanks for the advice! :)
looking forward to seeing more work dude :) recently started my tattoo apprenticeship love it! hope you find yours :)

(01-01-2016, 10:10 PM)rainbowsorknives Wrote: looking forward to seeing more work dude :) recently started my tattoo apprenticeship love it! hope you find yours :)

hey thanks man! I'm excited to find the right one for sure, let me know how yours is going!:)
Welcome Bryce! I don't know what tattoo illustration requires differently from other forms of painting (eg. card illustration, or 3D game texture painting), but becoming better at illustration and painting in general never hurts. What you'll consider more than the rest of us is how this tattoo will look when wrapped around certain body parts, so in a sense, it is quite similar to 3D game asset texture painting! A great place to start is by browsing threads on Polycount Forum. Learn yourself about tricks in that area, then look for cheap books about tattoo (I saw a lot of those in a Japanese bookstore). Good journey forward, and hope to see more!

Focus.
(01-02-2016, 03:13 PM)meat Wrote: Welcome Bryce! I don't know what tattoo illustration requires differently from other forms of painting (eg. card illustration, or 3D game texture painting), but becoming better at illustration and painting in general never hurts. What you'll consider more than the rest of us is how this tattoo will look when wrapped around certain body parts, so in a sense, it is quite similar to 3D game asset texture painting! A great place to start is by browsing threads on Polycount Forum. Learn yourself about tricks in that area, then look for cheap books about tattoo (I saw a lot of those in a Japanese bookstore). Good journey forward, and hope to see more!

Wow, thank you so much! I'll definitely check out that forum and get my hands on some books here pretty soon. I want to try and join an apprenticeship under someone who can teach me about old school tattoo techniques like Stick & Poke, because that's how I see myself tattooing :p thank you for your feedback, it's really helpful!

hey guys! I've been working on some skulls for my concentration section of my portfolio. I managed to finish my AP website for my art final and I'll be graduating next week and then it's off to a summer of working and making more art. I'd like to work on more realistic pieces using stippling and hope move out of my comfort zone. Let me know what you think!
Interesting, not often I see people looking into getting into stuff like tattoo art here, these designs are really good especially the third one down, keep it up :).