Sketchbook of the S4MURAI
I am going to post here studies of EVERYTHING. Feel free to comment !  3eb4e7b3

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Dynamic sketching 
Hi res you can find here : http://s4murai-cat.deviantart.com/galler...0/Sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful sketches, all of these!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Specially like the spider on the right. These are great man, keep it up!

Great stuff! Did you go to an art school or are you self taught?

I hate spiders, man.
Feels weird to say, but these look awesome. Great perspective on the legs, you can see it in the right one. You weild it really naturally, kudos.
Would love to see some more of your 'dirty' stuff, you gotta have more of this and i bet they're awesome :)

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
(01-24-2016, 05:24 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Beautiful sketches, all of these!
(01-24-2016, 05:29 PM)AnimatorV Wrote: Specially like the spider on the right. These are great man, keep it up!

Thank you for your kind words!

(01-24-2016, 08:47 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Great stuff! Did you go to an art school or are you self taught?
Thanks,Piotr!

I am self-taught artist :) Well, i tried to go to an art school. But after two days i quit because i hate drawing stuff I do not like. I understand that all this boring activities,like drawing composition,still life and copying ,will develop strong understanding of the basics, but it is too boring for me and i loose all motivation to go on. For me, the best thing to draw is that i am interested in the most. What about you? :)

(01-24-2016, 11:41 PM)badbaddog Wrote: I hate spiders, man.
Feels weird to say, but these look awesome. Great perspective on the legs, you can see it in the right one. You weild it really naturally, kudos.
Would love to see some more of your 'dirty' stuff,  you gotta have more of this and i bet they're awesome :)
Thanks,buddy! Personally, i find spiders beautiful and dangerous animals on the planet. But don't get me wrong! If i saw one of them, i would scream and run from it as fast as possible!  064
I will draw more of them, but a bit latter :)

Aaaaaaaah those animal sketches are so awesome, I'm jealous!! ^^; I'm sure mine will suck LOL. But I'm determined to improve. I'm doing the basics of this kind of stuff too. I'm having a bit of trouble with an exercise called "form dissections" where you are supposed to put texture on a cutaway of this blob. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around texture. But if I'm pushing out of my comfort zone I guess I'm on the right track.

Speaking of big spiders, I live in Arizona. We have several big-ass tarantulas living in the yard. And we regularly get baby tarantulas trying to get into the house, or longingly looking in the windows. LOL I don't know why they want in, they always need rescuing if they do. But even though they look scary, tarantulas are rather gentle. They don't even have a poisonous bite, and rarely engage in hostile behavior unless threatened. They'd prefer to run away actually. And their main defensive weapon is flicking irritating hairs at predators. I've never seen one do that though. ^^ They are usually chill.

Keep it up man, your drawings are awesome, do more! :) BTW, I adore cuttlefish. They are so cute.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
(01-27-2016, 01:39 PM)Sagittarius-A-star Wrote: Aaaaaaaah those animal sketches are so awesome, I'm jealous!! ^^; I'm sure mine will suck LOL. But I'm determined to improve. I'm doing the basics of this kind of stuff too. I'm having a bit of trouble with an exercise called "form dissections" where you are supposed to put texture on a cutaway of this blob. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around texture. But if I'm pushing out of my comfort zone I guess I'm on the right track.

Speaking of big spiders, I live in Arizona. We have several big-ass tarantulas living in the yard. And we regularly get baby tarantulas trying to get into the house, or longingly looking in the windows. LOL I don't know why they want in, they always need rescuing if they do. But even though they look scary, tarantulas are rather gentle. They don't even have a poisonous bite, and rarely engage in hostile behavior unless threatened. They'd prefer to run away actually. And their main defensive weapon is flicking irritating hairs at predators. I've never seen one do that though. ^^ They are usually chill.

Keep it up man, your drawings are awesome, do more! :) BTW, I adore cuttlefish. They are so cute.

Thanks man, I will !

Yeah,it is kinda hard to mimic a desirable texture you want,but when you nailed it down it becomes super easy! One thing that helped me with textures is to understand how to use it. Just draw a simple square,triangle or a sphere and fill it with texture. Use different hatching in order to achieve smooth or rough surface. The best thing to do is to look on the internet how others use their lines and copy it.

About spiders,when spider is on my sight,you know, i am cool and relaxed,but when i loose 'em, I am getting nervous... :D But despite of that, i like spiders! Some of them are deadly and captivating at the same time!

Ok..It's been a while since I have posted.. 

All these days i was learning how to draw a head from the "bottom". I was sculpting,sketching,learning anatomy/proportions and so on. I will post  just a result of my "success". But if some of you are interested  how i am studying this stuff,feel free to ask me and i will post all of my sketches here.

Hi res you can find here : http://s4murai-cat.deviantart.com/art/Dy...a_recent=1

P.s made some long necks, and bad face plane shading on some faces. Will fix these mistakes on next drawings/sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-25-2016, 02:07 AM)S4MURAI_CATThanks,Piotr! Wrote: I am self-taught artist :) Well, i tried to go to an art school. But after two days i quit because i hate drawing stuff I do not like. I understand that all this boring activities,like drawing composition,still life and copying ,will develop strong understanding of the basics, but it is too boring for me and i loose all motivation to go on. For me, the best thing to draw is that i am interested in the most. What about you? :)
I am self-taught as well and I feel the same :)

Those dynamic sketches are awesome man.

Beautiful work S4MURAI_CAT. I especially like your cuttlefish and your spiders. Looking forward to more mate.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Quote:Yeah,it is kinda hard to mimic a desirable texture you want,but when you nailed it down it becomes super easy! One thing that helped me with textures is to understand how to use it. Just draw a simple square,triangle or a sphere and fill it with texture. Use different hatching in order to achieve smooth or rough surface. The best thing to do is to look on the internet how others use their lines and copy it.

Texture's definitely one of the things I had trouble with. :) I'll try what you suggest. I'm beginning to feel a bit more comfortable with texture now, but I still need a lot of practice. I did actually look at other artists' lines a bit to see how they captured the feel of a texture. I'll do some more of that. I assume you mean copying how they use their lines to capture texture, and not just copying their texture thoughtlessly, as we don't tend to learn much by just copying? ^^

Your heads look cool! But the necks, yeah, you over-lengthened those a bit. No problem, that's how we learn. I would actually be very interested to see how you are studying the head, if it isn't too much trouble to upload your sketches!

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!
(01-24-2016, 05:24 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Beautiful sketches, all of these!

(01-30-2016, 08:27 AM)Herr Pixel Wrote: Those dynamic  sketches are awesome man.

(01-30-2016, 09:10 AM)Mariyan-Hristov Wrote: Great job !

(01-30-2016, 09:19 AM)Artloader Wrote: Beautiful work S4MURAI_CAT.  I especially like your cuttlefish and your spiders.  Looking forward to more mate.

Thanks a lot guys !

(01-30-2016, 01:17 PM)Sagittarius-A-star Wrote: Texture's definitely one of the things I had trouble with. :)  I'll try what you suggest. I'm beginning to feel a bit more comfortable with texture now, but I still need a lot of practice. I did actually look at other artists' lines a bit to see how they captured the feel of a texture. I'll do some more of that. I assume you mean copying how they use their lines to capture texture, and not just copying their texture thoughtlessly, as we don't tend to learn much by just copying? ^^

Your heads look cool! But the necks, yeah, you over-lengthened those a bit. No problem, that's how we learn. I would actually be very interested to see how you are studying the head, if it isn't too much trouble to upload your sketches!

Yeah, do not copy texture, sometimes it's impossible to do if the drawing is too detailed. The first thing you have to understand is how the lines work between each other. You got the right point!

No problem, i will post my studies when i will be free.

Your animals are fantastic! I'm actually a creature design fan, though I currently focus on the basics of drawing. And I like the faces drawing style. Got to to try something like this! Waiting for your studies, too!

Ok! My studies for post #10 (heads)

I have never drawn heads before,so first and foremost, i had to understand the basic head and features construction. Instead of drawing i have chosen sculpting as my tool for this task.I sculpted tons of noses,mouths and ears .I will attache a few of them to show my process.

Attached Files Image(s)

----------------------------------continue post #10 (heads)
After sculpting of features, i have applied my knowledge to a whole head...And then i got bored,lol

Attached Files Image(s)

--------------The end of post #10 (heads)

After this, i have looked at several artists to see how they deconstruct the head and features to make it easier to draw. I did not wanted to draw realistic heads,because it is too early for me.

And the end result of a head studies is post #10.

P.S (don't mind some notes i wrote)

Attached Files Image(s)

Did some studies of Eyes. I have a hard time drawing them identical

Attached Files Image(s)