tripna's sketchbook
Hello everyone, I'm tripna, 20 and from Turkey. I'm an art school dropout, have been studying much more seriously for around 3 months now, and I just started working in digital last week. 

Most of my studies were about figure/anatomy/gesture and generally drawing. I don't really have any experience painting so recently I've been trying to figure out values etc. Here is a dump of around a week of studies/sketches. I'll write descriptions for all of them.

I'm always open to crit and it is very very welcome, it's the reason I'm making this thread, so please don't event care about being nice or anything, just lay it on me.

---

Watched a Steve Huston vid about values, don't mind the Turkish notes on them :D
[Image: hjBt3ZC.jpg]

Some gestures from photo
[Image: rvCfOZh.jpg]

Top side is imaginative sketches, bottom side are gestures from photo.
[Image: BOVBEKd.jpg]

Moar gestures
[Image: V5OYEV8.jpg]

Some imagination sketches, colored one is my friend, bottom is gestures.
[Image: V3SmPnD.jpg]

Top half photo gestures, bot half sketches from imagination.
[Image: RD0WzE0.jpg]

Started applying values, just experimenting, all from imagination.
[Image: K0YJqYg.jpg]

Some more terrible values lol, the big figure with decent shading is from photo.
[Image: yvlKMqd.jpg]

All from muh head.
[Image: xoi8Uo4.jpg]

Again drawing and shading from imagination.
[Image: eiSdzv0.jpg]

Quick value studies, times written on them, from photo.
[Image: EndQk1V.jpg]

Photo gestures
[Image: G2lS7P0.jpg]

More photo gestures.
[Image: 8bEgeG2.jpg]

Quick value studies, last one from imaginatrio.
[Image: 5Fbf6Zz.jpg]

Felt like I didn't really know the forearm's anatomy. So studied that from NewMasters. Rest is me trying to apply it to imagination.
[Image: LTCOTLV.jpg]

Some more frustrations with value.
[Image: OvRobB9.jpg]

Hi, you are good at capturing life in line! Especially like hands.About these value paintings, I think that you don't pay enough attention to edges, and this is probably the source of that frustration.
I'm looking forward to see some finished artwork from you.

Keep going!

(02-01-2016, 09:26 AM)Pavel Wrote: Hi, you are good at capturing life in line! Especially like hands.About these value paintings, I think that you don't pay enough attention to edges, and this is probably the source of that frustration.
I'm looking forward to see some finished artwork from you.

Keep going!

Thanks man, you're right. Edges and midtones are the areas where I struggle in. I'll be working on them.

[Image: qTGTOlW.jpg]

Woah! I love the fluidity of your lines, your anatomy studies, and the figures you draw from imagination. I think you can work on your values and colors, but the line quality in most of your figures are superb, and it's very inspiring. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, very encouraging :)

I also enjoyed watching your anatomical studies! Very nicely done.
Cok güzel, Keep it up :)

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
(02-05-2016, 01:04 AM)nutriman Wrote: I also enjoyed watching your anatomical studies! Very nicely done.
Cok güzel, Keep it up :)

Hahah, thank you man.

Hey man, welcome to CD! Nice SB so far, your gestures and anatomy stuff are killer. I'd love to see your studies applied, though. What do you want to do, character design, illustration, concept art? Try to take your knowledge and apply it to what you want to do with your art. Keep 'em coming!

(02-05-2016, 01:57 AM)ZombieChinchilla Wrote: Hey man, welcome to CD! Nice SB so far, your gestures and anatomy stuff are killer. I'd love to see your studies applied, though. What do you want to do, character design, illustration, concept art? Try to take your knowledge and apply it to what you want to do with your art. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks man, I think I'm applying these stuff as I go, half of the stuff here is from imagination. I don't really love the standard digital illustration style, so I avoid doing orc warriors and stuff. But I also avoid doing finished works, probably because I think I'm not good enough but I need to work around that :D

Yesterdays work, drew these from photos then painted them from imagination.

[Image: 6oR7SwW.jpg]

Imagination work

[Image: xBabr62.jpg]

Loving the gestures! Keep it up!
Some imaginative sketches and then some fast value studies from photo.

[Image: FE1ma0b.jpg]

Okay, I actually feel like I started to understand some stuff. All from imagination.

[Image: KejiI0b.jpg]

wow man, quite the output..and it shows, really flowy!!

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
(02-07-2016, 12:31 PM)nutriman Wrote: wow man, quite the output..and it shows, really flowy!!

Thanks man

Awesome Studies, you put alot of work on your Figures, I can see youre definitely improving, keep it up Stupid

(02-08-2016, 02:06 AM)Chris Rob Wrote: Awesome Studies, you put alot of work on your Figures, I can see youre definitely improving, keep it up Stupid

Thanks, yeah I like to draw figures :D

Some more imaginative work

[Image: ZQt5nnD.jpg]

[Image: akbrgEX.jpg]