AChi's sketchbook~
busy week

Attached Files Image(s)

some thumbnail practice, also testing new brushes. I tried not to focus too much on the details but the color and composition. The first two on the top left have too much detail and i wasted a lot of time on it. the i did a master study (middle bottom right, and i forget who's the original painter) to get me back on the right track.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-28-2018, 01:25 PM)AChi Wrote: some thumbnail practice, also testing new brushes. I tried not to focus too much on the details but the color and composition. The first two on the top left have too much detail and i wasted a lot of time on it. the i did a master study (middle bottom right, and i forget who's the original painter) to get me back on the right track.

Hi, There!

I like your color-game. Could you, please to advice my exercises ? Or it is better, just to draw stuff in color and nothing else is needed?
(01-31-2018, 11:48 PM)UKRAINIANWOLF97 Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 01:25 PM)AChi Wrote: some thumbnail practice, also testing new brushes. I tried not to focus too much on the details but the color and composition. The first two on the top left have too much detail and i wasted a lot of time on it. the i did a master study (middle bottom right, and i forget who's the original painter) to get me back on the right track.

Hi, There!

I like your color-game. Could you, please to advice my exercises ? Or it is better, just to draw stuff in color and nothing else is needed?

Hi UKRAINIANWOLF,

if you want to do color practice, of course you need to draw stuff in color, but while you do so, you need to think about the relationship of these colors in one image. It's better for you to get some color theory knowledge first, and some masterpiece studies. just to see how the masters manage the color, e.g. how to emphasis things using color.

another advice is that DO NOT use colorpick from the photo/masterpiece that you are going to study. it's always good to use colorpick tool on the original photo/image to see where the color locates in ur colorwheel, and then you suppose to find the color by yourself from colorwheel when you doing ur own piece of painting.

(02-03-2018, 03:11 PM)AChi Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 11:48 PM)UKRAINIANWOLF97 Wrote:

Hi, There!

Hi UKRAINIANWOLF,

if you want to do color practice, of course you need to draw stuff in color, but while you do so, you need to think about the relationship of these colors in one image. It's better for you to get some color theory knowledge first, and some masterpiece studies. just to see how the masters manage the color, e.g. how to emphasis things using color.

another advice is that DO NOT use colorpick from the photo/masterpiece that you are going to study. it's always good to use colorpick tool on the original photo/image to see where the color locates in ur colorwheel, and then you suppose to find the color by yourself from colorwheel when you doing ur own piece of painting.
thanks bro . I never use colorpicker from image, while painting ,bcoz it is for amaterus
Cool sketchbook :) You are really nailing the guts of how to draw and paint. I'm constantly stumbling how to draw things in particular angle or how to concentrate on main things and don't fall into drawing small details )

Learning path is not straight but it will eventually get you where you want.

Here is mine http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8...#pid117364
(02-05-2018, 09:51 PM)Anvikli Wrote: Cool sketchbook :) You are really nailing the guts of how to draw and paint. I'm constantly stumbling how to draw things in particular angle or how to concentrate on main things and don't fall into drawing small details )

thx mate, i am also trying not to fall in to "too much details"

it's being a while that i havent used my tablet, doing these thumbnails to get back to my brush sets.

Attached Files Image(s)

These are beautiful! I especially love the dawn lighting on the right.

Sketchbook

(02-13-2018, 01:09 PM)Tygerson Wrote: These are beautiful! I especially love the dawn lighting on the right.

thank you

rough sketch during worktime

Attached Files Image(s)

Heart 
trying new brushes

Attached Files Image(s)

Really nice construction work--was that in pen?

Also, love the portrait. It has a nice grittiness that's hard to get in digital.

Sketchbook

Sad 
(03-06-2018, 03:05 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Really nice construction work--was that in pen?

Also, love the portrait. It has a nice grittiness that's hard to get in digital.

Thank you Tygerson,

the vehicles are drawn using ball point pen.

the portrait is my approach of following the "charcoal look in Photoshop" tutorial, using lots of texture brushes, but didnt get the expected result, instead of following the tutorial, i went back to my normal way of drawing portrait..

quick ideas

Attached Files Image(s)

im back
Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

stick around ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Attached Files Image(s)

That a really nice brush you have there.Really feel like you drawing on a surface with texture.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Nice portraits! and hey youre from sydney, im in melbourne ha..

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357