Tien Chi's Sketchbook
Star 
Hello guys!  My name is Tien Chi, after some time I decide to post some my work here.  Drawing and painting is very fun to me.  I hope you like it, let me know what you think, thanks!

Some pen and ink coffee shop sketches and life pose studies
[Image: IMG_main.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6113.jpg][Image: IMG_6114.jpg][Image: IMG_6128.jpg][Image: IMG_6127.jpg][Image: IMG_6132.jpg]

Sorry for dumping so much at once, See ya!

Hey hey welcome. And do post most more since it's looking good!

I'm glad you like them I have more life sketches I will post more soon. Before that I want to share some digital fantasy sketches and studies stuff.

[Image: Girlheadsketches.jpg]
[Image: DwarfPortrait.jpg]
[Image: Facestudy.jpg][Image: armorstudy.jpg]

Sketches from imagination

[Image: ArmorDude.jpg]
[Image: furcapedude.jpg]
[Image: DwarvenTemple.jpg][Image: ElfArcher.jpg]

Awesome work Tien Chi! I love the painting of the girl with the red sweater!

Hey man, I see you did some coffee shop sketches.. Any tips for someone who's interested in doing it?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Nice sketchbook, this dwarf looks amazing.

@John - Thx, Coffee shop sketching is fun but can be quite challenging. My tip would be don't be afraid to have bad drawings.

@Lussios - Thanks! Dwarves are my favorite and they are just the best, will post some more soon.

Some costume life studies from this year.  

[Image: IMG_c%255D6214.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6216.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6213.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6154.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6153.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6141.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6139.jpg]
Cheers!

Hey Guys, more coffee shop studies from life and more figure drawing from live models. 

[Image: IMG_6120.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6123.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6126.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6133.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6115.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6118.jpg]

How is everyone doing?  Here are some of my experiments with sci fi topics and graphic approach to painting.  Most of these are digital spit paints for fb group I've done this year so far.  

[Image: CaveWizard_30min.jpg]
[Image: BirthFromTheMachine_30min.jpg]
[Image: HoodedLightSaber.jpg]
[Image: RoboticUprising_30min.jpg]
[Image: RobotLazerSword.jpg]
[Image: PickMeUp.jpg]
[Image: SwampGoblins_30min.jpg]
[Image: SwampGoblin_30min.jpg]
[Image: GreedyGoblin_30min.jpg]
[Image: IsleOfFaces2_30min.jpg]
[Image: IsleOfFaces_30min.jpg]
[Image: TwoWhiteDragons_SpitPaint30min.jpg]
[Image: HammerThrow_30min.jpg]

Yo Yo! hows it going out there.  Comic con was in town this weekend, I did not get a ticket this year but I did manage to sketch a bit at a nearby coffee shop.  I did some studies recently of animals I like. Trying to learn the pen a bit more.  
[Image: CoffeeshopComiccon_tc.jpg]
[Image: APS_tc3.jpg][Image: APS_tc1.jpg][Image: APS_tc2.jpg]

Hi Tien Chi! I like your sketches! They look very relax and flexible. I can hardly do sketches in public…it's very hard to catch the motion.

Your pen work is really great, very precise. I particularly like the animal sketches you've done.

Hi guys its time for an update, added more figure drawing studies from life some nude and some not.  I started experimenting around more with pens and brush pens. 

@AChi Thanks! Im glad you like my sketches.  Drawing in public can be very hard and challenging especially at the beginning.  I find it easier to start off doing small amount first, limit yourself to like 10mins of public sketching and build up from there.  I also find figure drawing helps a lot with sketching in public.  I hope this helps :)

@Stardustlarva Thx :)  Those animal studies were so fun to do.  

[Image: IMG_6152.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6144.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6143.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6155.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6145.jpg][Image: IMG_c6116.jpg][Image: IMG_6168.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6166.jpg]

Stopping by for a quick update to my sketchbook, some 30min spit paints from couple weeks ago.
[Image: BornInFire_30min.jpg]
[Image: WhiteAsSnow_30min.jpg]
[Image: OrcSlums_30min.jpg]

Solid work man! I really like your pen and ink ones.

I would like to see some more studies on the painting department tho, you are good at describing forms with light and shadow, but your compositions are still a little bit messy and confusing.

Try doing the 3 values composition study, where you take a painting you like, a movie screenshot, or anything visually appealing, and try to break it using only 3 values.

I believe that studying and training this kind of thinking will help you a lot on making clearer and more visually appealing compositions. I see you're not always knowing how to balance your light and dark areas, focus on that!

I don't know if I made myself clear, so please tell me if I don't!
Anyway, keep up the awesome work man! You're progressing really fast!

Some studies from this year figure drawings from coffee shops and life drawing sessions around the city both costume and nudes. 

@Rhasdra thanks for the comment :)  I need to work on my composition...    

[Image: IMG_6163.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6208.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6209.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6210.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6129.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6130.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6131.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6158.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6159.jpg]
cheers!

Hi I'm back, this update is mostly just environment speed paintings, practicing and stuff.  I did switch it up today and did a Dwarf sketch.  So fun to do I will update soon with some sketches I did of dwarves from my sketchbook.

Since I started this sketchbook I have been wanting very badly to join Crimson Crucible Challenge. I will start this month's challenge and updates this sketchbook alongside with WIP thread.

[Image: twoheadman_30min.jpg][Image: SteelSpider_30min.jpg][Image: maysketchaday_1.jpg][Image: NervesOfSteel_30min.jpg]
[Image: BookWorm_30min.jpg][Image: EyeOfDesert_30min.jpg][Image: DwarfMountBoar.jpg]
See ya! Come back soon :)

Nice array of sketches and sci-fi stuff! Can't wait to see how your CC entry looks like!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
That's some cool sci-fi stuff. I love the colours in your work!

Hey! I didn't know you had a sketchbook on here! It's me, Misa. Good job on your work! It looks great :)

@ John - Thanks John, Sci fi stuff is fun to draw to me.
@ Eyliana - Thank you Eyliana :)  I'm glad you like my colors, just trying to learn like everyone else.
@ Misa - Thanks Misa! Its really nice to see your active online with your art, keep it up!

Some life study and costume life drawing from this year.  
[Image: IMG_6163.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6210.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6129.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6130.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6131.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6158.jpg]
[Image: IMG_c6159.jpg]
Crimson Crucible 3 Challenge from May some studies, sketches, rough and final. WIP THREAD

notan thumbnails
[Image: cc3_sketches.jpg]

character studies[Image: ccs_character_studies.jpg]

desert studies[Image: cc3_desertstudies.jpg]
First Rough
[Image: cc3_roughdraft.jpg]
Final Submission
[Image: cc3_relicfinder.jpg]

This challenge was very interesting and I learn some things.  I started this challenge kind of late but I wanted to give it a try and tackle the problems head on.  I tried a style I was experimenting with and after the crit stream there were some good advice there. Hopefully on the next crit streams I can stay up late enough to be there live.

See ya guys thanks for viewing!