JP - Just want to learn to draw.
Great practicing here! Loving all the hard work and dedication. Every little bit brings you closer and closer! Keep fighting for it :)

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
KEEP BANGIN IT OUUUUUUTTTT!!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
I have drawn almost nothing recently, due to electricity problems, rain, etc.

Bookeend  Thank you, I'll fight until the end. ^^

Fedolika  Thanks  I will do it with all my might. XD

Attached Files Image(s)

'The best way to have a good ideas is to have a lot of ideas ' Linus Paulingth
Hi!!!, this month I spent my time watching a lot videos about oil and watercolors, because I found a problem when I was painting, the theory about color is relatively easy and understand the Rgb system too, but paint mixing the colors Traditionally it is really hard and requires more time even so I feel that I have learned more in this way.

I like watercolors a lot (oil is also but it is more expensive ¬¬) I will try to buy materials and practice, practice and practice XD. 

And this comment change my mind is obvious what it says but until now I really understand the meaning of his words. U.U

^^

" Artists who have only worked digitally tend to have a very bland and sterile look to their portfolio. The brush strokes have no personality or are entirely smoothed over and more often than not, colors are sampled directly from the reference photo.

Whereas artists who learn painting in natural mediums like oils, gouache, or watercolors and with limited palettes are influenced by what those mediums can do. So they find creative ways to get certain effects and usually develop a more individualized color sensibility. Once an artist attains a certain comfort level with a traditional medium they can then go into the computer and bring their own uniqueness to the process. Their digital work will naturally be heavily influenced by their traditional painting experience and will be a lot more interesting to look at. "

Court Jones.

Attached Files Image(s)

In these last weeks I have also been reading several books on graphic design, trying to improve my understanding about color and shapes.

Attached Files Image(s)

A little more, woahhh sometimes I would like to paint the snow but in this part of the world we do not have the four seasons, it rains or the sun rises ¬¬.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh yeah!!! I'm alive XD, in this last week I was a little frustrated and I have not drawn almost anything, I was meditating a lot about drawing measuring techniques  and things like that.

I think I have read everything that may exist about it, looking for the solution to that problem but without any success, but these days I went back to read the book Drawing Atelier - The Figure: How to Draw in a Classical Style which is incredible and I think I found a real solution which gives me freedom when drawing, Well I hope it's not just an illusion. ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

More figures and trying to simplify all these forms. ¬¬

Attached Files Image(s)

I find those figures you draw really inspiring. They look so dynamic and lively. Keep it going!

failure is a badge of honour 

sketchbook / tumblr 
(06-20-2017, 06:36 AM)tinDeer Wrote: I find those figures you draw really inspiring. They look so dynamic and lively. Keep it going!

Thumbs_up  thank you very much, but I think the opposite XD.

Hi!! these drawings I made about 3 weeks ago :(.

I do not know how to explain this but I did not feel good drawing, I do understand the perspective (books) but I feel very artificial did not feel the form in space totally, but thanks to Kim Jun gi (again ^^) he showed me that the answer It was in front of me. ¬¬.

More interesting stuff very soon!!!!!!!!! ^^.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:but I feel very artificial did not feel the form in space totally, but thanks to Kim Jun gi (again ^^) he showed me that the answer It was in front of me.

It might be a good idea to know what 'feeling the form' actually means. Or simply, what constitutes 'form' to be precise.

I'm glad KJG worked it out for you.

Just in case you need something more to fall back on, form is essentially organized shapes to represent an object in reality. In this case, an object on a 2D medium that's rendered in realism.

Shapes can be broken down into 5 things. Line placement, line quality, values, colors and edges.

In my opinion, if one is not 'feeling the form', that can mean your shapes are out of order. You can deduce the problem from those five things that constitute a shape.

That being said, happy to hear you're close to a breakthrough and good luck with the progress.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(07-13-2017, 12:49 AM)John Wrote:
Quote:but I feel very artificial did not feel the form in space totally, but thanks to Kim Jun gi (again ^^) he showed me that the answer It was in front of me.

It might be a good idea to know what 'feeling the form' actually means. Or simply, what constitutes 'form' to be precise.

I'm glad KJG worked it out for you.

Just in case you need something more to fall back on, form is essentially organized shapes to represent an object in reality. In this case, an object on a 2D medium that's rendered in realism.

Shapes can be broken down into 5 things. Line placement, line quality, values, colors and edges.

In my opinion, if one is not 'feeling the form', that can mean your shapes are out of order. You can deduce the problem from those five things that constitute a shape.

That being said, happy to hear you're close to a breakthrough and good luck with the progress.

Hey!!! :D john, that's a good observation according to loomis and their 5p my problem is proportion which immediately affects the space and would not allow to move forward with the rest, but in this time I stop learning to draw from the "scientific" side and more to learn to feel which is really hard for me but I think it has been worthwile.

Hi :) a brief introduction since I started to draw, everything has been very rewarding and has opened my mind to things that I never imagined but I think I exaggerate a bit, just abandon my whole life (friends, gf, etc) I only practiced from the morning until I could not draw anymore, literally for almost 2 and a half in a row, in these last months without uploading anything because my PC decided to take vacations and more problems of life that came together then you can ask, what happens when you stop practicing for almost 5 months? :(

Attached Files Image(s)

This shot did not like anything, it is very boring in addition to the time I spent on that, that happens to me not to plan in advance the composition, history and other things, but hey! That's what I knew ... ok no ... If I had read it but another thing is to feel the theory there is where you really learn.. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

More animals and couple of compositions, apparently I'm at my limit is time to do more serious studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

I need to improve my productivity and manage my time better because at this rate the turtles look fast.(:

Attached Files Image(s)

some serious grind over here, you seem to be whipping yourself more than enough so ill just compliment your efforts and progress, you broaden your horizons quite i bit id love to see more enviros but this grind on understanding the human figure will translate alot into any subjec(like youre already doing with animals) just identify what your mind is going through taking notes helped me notice when i was at a total loss of what to do and doing studies with a focus on parts where i stumbled on a previous piece helped alot, im sure youre different but it gets to a point where studies can amass so much detail that taking notes and internalizing what the hell youre doing seems to help your brain understand quicker.

anyways lovely sb, keep it up!

Dawckbook

Stream

When in doubt ask yourself, what would scooby do?
@dawckward whoa!!! thanks for those kind words, D´oh!! enviros is something that I'm going to start attacking, is that sometimes my brain goes on autopilot and I only draw human figures ¬¬.

I think that drawing from the imagination, in my case is to repeat the drawing many times, then draw something and analyze, compare,etc. but "observinational drawing" is quite complicated and it consumes a lot of energy sometimes when I finish I do not want to do anything more U.U.

Peter han and Bammes stuff ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

these last days I have been reading this book https://archive.org/details/practiceoilpain00sologoog , very interesting

Rolling eyes, funny thought

Attached Files Image(s)