Caution: BRUSH ABUSE!
I like your way of sketching. Some make no sense to me, but you're the only one that has to be able to read them, right? I have no real points of critique other than that, just keep 'em coming!
Thanks for the comment! I would really appreciate if you indicated the ones that aren't readable for you, so it would help me to improve on making my sketches more understandable for others. :)

Yesterday I started to develop a new IP. I want to turn it into a huge project, so I'm brainstorming and doodling on paper a lot. Therefore I most likely won't post many enviromental sketches now. I want to finish some of my paintings and focus on this new project.

I'll probably post some studies and sketches (if done digitaly) concerning this new idea of mine.

Anyway, small hint as to what it might be. A costume study:

Hello :)

About that dress painting, I think that doing the pattern is just overpainting and making things harder. I would done something that would make my work easier. And there would be 2 ways of doing that. I would prepared custom brush with some kind of pattern, so later on u use once this brush and have pattern ready.
Second one - I would put texture underneath the color. So texture would be good instead of drawing every swirl.
Because right now it looks like someone painted with marker on your dress

(z tej strony również Polska;))

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

Thanks for advice. The original had a pretty sophisticated pattern. At first I tried to replicate it, but I realized it would take me too much time (as I had to go to library before it was closed), so I decided to go with a little bit of ridiculous chaotic approach that meant to be a little parodic.

Makeing a custom pattern brush would be agreat idea, unforunately I use Gimp so my options are very limited in that area.

Pozdrawiam z Krakowa :)

Quick study of a snowy mountain. No texures used.

Wow, your enviros are so good! Also that dress study is looking very nice, glad you're posting these up =D.

Thank you Jon :3

BW piece, I'll most likely push it further since there are some things to be fixed. Better blonde, brunette or maybe middle tones?

Nice black n white studies. One piece of advice! If you render a small portion of the neck and the shoulders it will give the heads a sense of weight because right now they feel like floating heads.. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for advice. I'll keep that in mind!

WIP/ thumb for the Environment Challenge 3 I hosted today on this forum.

I actually made a mistake in this one. I'm figuring out how to fix it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7687]

testing an idea

A sneak peek print screen of my work

Small update. I had a lazy 2 days -_-

Beautiful work Piotr, esp the womens face, I can't decide which is better, buttttt I'm gonna lean to and say brunette.

Thanks Jon :3

Body study:

and and update on my environment challenge entry

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8029]

For the question on post #28 I like the brunette a bit better, blonde sort of matches in with the background a bit imo.

Looked back at older stuff and I really like that Tex Mech on the last page looked pretty awesome, Also this environment challenge painting is looking really good Man.

Looking forward to more.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Thanks Russell! :]

I guess I'l go with the brunette.

Here are some quick environment doodles:

Hey! :)

Your stuff is looking quite good.
Remember to give every image a good focal point.
Right now everything is detailed and my eye doesn't really know where to look first.
Play with the saturation and sharpness to give things more or less focus.
Anyway, keep it up dude.
Thanks for the critique, Nemome :] I tend to overdetail my paintings, it's a habit that is hard to get rid off unfortunately. As for latest doodles - they are a practice to improve my speed of rendering, so I do not approach them as I would something that would meant to be an illustration.

More doodles, these were really quick and sloppy:

Niiiice stuff mate. Getting stronger hun? xd Keep pushing ;3