Erica's Sketchbook [help ?]
Hello ! I'm Erica !

And I'm willing to be a good concept artist, being so i'm searching for new ways to improve my skills ! Mainly my narrative in the image, making it look more attractive ...  I've already reach for the basic things like Life Drawing, Anatomy (even though i think you never fully know this) , Perspective and other things... So i'm kind of lost on what should i reach next ...

I'm leaving some images about my work so you guys can say what you think, or maybe leave your thoughts on what i should learn first... 

please leave comments i would really appreciate that!

Thank you !

[Image: fairy_of_toadstolls_by_kiihnascimento-danr5tz.jpg]

[Image: dragonborn_by_kiihnascimento-danr5ys.jpg]

[Image: fairy_night_songs___by_kiihnascimento-danr64l.jpg]

[Image: neuschwanstein_by_kiihnascimento-danr691.jpg]

[Image: close_your_eyes___portrait_by_kiihnascim...anr6c6.jpg]
Nice paintings Erica :) you have a great imagination.

I really love the girl with the red curly hair in your Dragonborn piece there :).

From looking through these pieces and a few of your pieces on your deviant art site, I think that you would benefit from studying human figure drawing at Proko's YouTube channel. It is an excellent, free resource that I too am studying from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV/featured

Hope that helps, good luck :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

That red dressed character on a creature has an interesting color combination to it!

Quote:I've already reach for the basic things like Life Drawing, Anatomy (even though i think you never fully know this) , Perspective and other things... So i'm kind of lost on what should i reach next

Let me just preface what I'm about to say could be wrong, or a misinterpretation of what you just said. From what I'm getting, you seem to think that after doing some life drawing, and anatomy, that you can finally put that subject to rest and should be bracing for the next one. It doesn't work that way. It's a constant learning experience and skill development.

Doing life drawing hones your observation skills, a tool that needs to be sharpened constantly. Learning anatomy, form, perspective, or light.. the knowledge you get from them builds your references and helps you ground your work in reality.

You might already know these. But just saying, in case you didn't.

What to reach for next... Maybe it's a good idea to read this thread http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7607.html

It's people debating about what is and isn't fundamental to art. Start from there, and I hope you'd get an idea where to go next. That said, good luck! Keep going!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
I think if you want to add something to your skill set you could use some work on your lighting. There is almost no shadow in any of these so they're all pretty flat. Lighting has a lot to do with mood, which is part of storytelling, so it'd be in line with your current goals.