Taunty's Sketchbook: Learning to Not Be Bad!
Wink 
Hey there, 

This is where I'll post my sketches. It's really hard for me to post my art because I'm such a perfectionist so posting imperfect things doesn't mesh well with me, but hey, I'll try! I really like games and cartoons, so you'll probably see a few characters you may recognize. I also like drawing cute girls, so there's that 

INCOMING PHOTO SPAM!

[Image: cWtLkFq.jpg]

[Image: Qbq1Jjz.jpg]

[Image: wBfu3m4.jpg]

[Image: WzDiWNb.jpg]

[Image: TlwnmQU.jpg]

[Image: bB3K3oy.jpg]

[Image: aqRyeNJ.jpg]

[Image: vHsuNxm.jpg]

[Image: BycH1Gf.jpg]

[Image: B4O38IR.jpg]

[Image: xgAatP8]

[Image: xgAatP8.jpg]

[Image: xK92TzK.jpg]

[Image: sWHDNTW.jpg]

[Image: 29DBxCd.jpg]

[Image: KDebhQJ.jpg]

[Image: bgrIzUV.jpg]

[Image: R0YaaVt.jpg]

[Image: fXkdmAL.jpg]
This is where I started doing a lot of heads

[Image: 6orvnFj.jpg]

[Image: Q2TBf1x.jpg]

[Image: fAYYr4j.jpg]

[Image: sbEjAzO.jpg]

[Image: cvZDfAb.jpg]

[Image: lbn2reU.jpg]
I'm actually proud of this one, except for the lips. Can I get a "fuck lips"?

[Image: 6uRjJR6.jpg]

[Image: jN8m0pQ.jpg]

[Image: ARaQF31.jpg]
Welcome to my sketchbook, where it's 95% Undertale trash  ;)

[Image: dTPf9zN.jpg]

Thanks for looking guys, I'll try and remember to keep this updated.
Hey Taunty, nice start :).

I see you're doing some drawabox exercises - good move :). I found the ghosting lines exercises helped me to draw lines that were more confident and dynamic.

I also see that you're studying heads - this Proko video might help you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U

Good luck and keep working hard :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(11-21-2016, 08:44 AM)Artloader Wrote: Hey Taunty, nice start :).

I see you're doing some drawabox exercises - good move :).  I found the ghosting lines exercises helped me to draw lines that were more confident and dynamic.

I also see that you're studying heads - this Proko video might help you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPNYWeEf1U

Good luck and keep working hard :)
Thanks, Loader!

Yeah, drawabox is great. I need to do more of the exercises. Chicken-scratchy lines is a really hard habit to break but I'm slowly improving. 

I've watched nearly all of Proko's head videos but for some reason, they've just either never clicked with me or something. I'll run through them again, I think.
Update 1 (The First of Many): Rosalina and Camille 

[Image: vuHP4iS.jpg][Image: Vhfn1uV.jpg]
Hey Taunty! See some hard work here, keep going.
I´ve done a quick drawover over your Rosalina drawing to show some issues that could be tacked. I don´t know if it was your intent to change the original proportions of the character or not, but i´ve done the paintover considering that you wanted to keep the original proportions.

Just my two cents. Cheers!

(11-23-2016, 02:56 AM)RickRichards Wrote: Hey Taunty! See some hard work here, keep going.
I´ve done a quick drawover over your Rosalina drawing to show some issues that could be tacked. I don´t know if it was your intent to change the original proportions of the character or not, but i´ve done the paintover considering that you wanted to keep the original proportions.

Just my two cents. Cheers!

Oh, that's awesome! I really appreciate that. I take any and all critique because it'll make me get better! Thanks a million!
WEEK 2 UPDATE!
This week a did a bunch of Bargue plate drawings. They kind of made me want to die but hey I did one a day and then tried to do something fun. [Image: N2F7K36.jpg]
I really like this one and I think it shows a lot of my improvement in being the best at drawing Sans
[Image: 7wd8yjW.jpg]
[Image: sFiG542.jpg][Image: bSEP4dn.jpg][Image: IMnJaxJ.jpg][Image: sq2D2Ey.jpg][Image: gg2dUYf.jpg][Image: e8VqGrq.jpg]
the last one was hard. Now on to the couple of doodles I did for fun. 
[Image: ISgiDIj.jpg]
Gengar is the fuckin best ok?
I also did this Zenyatta reference study...thingy...
[Image: h4oSKX4.jpg]
and now for something nobody asked for...
[Image: hM3vGiz.jpg]
Progress picture! I think it's important to see your progress and to use it as motivation, especially if you're like me and you're extremely prone to just getting unmotivated or uninspired for days at a time. 

Thanks for lookin guys n gals!
A short update before I start with the progress:

I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with my drawing. I went on vacation a couple weeks ago, and when I came back, the friends who I had gone to see and considered my best friends before they moved away completely and utterly dumped me. Neither of them wanted anything to do with me anymore. This came as a huge hit to me as I keep a very small group of friends. I suffer from depression already and with this, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I broke down and just ceased everything because I had no motivation to do anything but force myself to go to work, sleep, and play video games. I'll post what I have but, admittedly, it isn't much at all. I did some drawing during the vacation and a drawing just the other day when I could actually bring myself to pick up my pencil. While I'm mostly functioning as normal, my motivation to draw is still at a record low. I'm forcing myself to do it and I'm working on feeling better. I don't know why I'm telling this to a bunch of internet strangers I don't know. Maybe it's just to say it because it makes me feel better about it. Who knows. 

Thanks for reading this if you did. Now on with the sketchbook. 

[Image: TXpUbwO.jpg]
While I was on vacation, I had brought a couple issues of manga with me, namely One Punch Man 8 and 9, and Nichijou 3 and 4. I decided to reference some pictures from both while in my hotel. 
[Image: gzAwGgZ.jpg]
So this one is my first real attempt at thumbnail sketching. I was drawing this for my friend for Christmas. She's also an artist and has a ton of characters. This is supposed to be her favorite, named Angel. I'm not usually one for animal ears on humans, but whatever. Also tried something new with the hair here. 

[Image: IpLopkp.jpg]
More SU stuff. 
[Image: 4vna2jb.jpg]
Was practicing the Vilppu Drawing Manual style of doing gesture drawings. Did some Hanzo and a kind of Widowmaker attempting a new style. 

[Image: f6HJxdr.jpg]
Did some Taokaka while on my break on Christmas Eve. I liked how it turned out, did the arm bones right before I posted this. 

Thanks again for reading guys, as always, critique is welcome.
Hey all,

I used to post here a while ago (as I'm sure you can see by the age of this thread) and I figure I'd make my grand(?) return. If you remember my young sketchbook, hi, how ya doin', hope you're well, otherwise, it's nice to meet you. Here's some stuff I've done recently. 

Thanks,

Taunty

[Image: nspNpzH.png][Image: ZT9EkGV.png][Image: IlXchl2.png]
[Image: x4Ww4Zb.png]
A study from today
Study from yesterday, kind of oopsie'd on the face.
[Image: ZwMSP3Z.png]
[Image: 73YqeKf.png]
Some fan art of Cesare from Bigtop Burger by Worthikids. It's on YouTube, go watch it!