razvanc-r's sketchbook dump
Hey friends, thanks for joining me in this interesting turn of events (I mean me picking up drawing as more than a hobby - hopefully :D).

@Abnormal, yeh, I think you're on the money with anatomy. Go understand the basics of if, form and volume & you can draw anything xD.

Thanks for dropping by, let's see what happens next :)

Trying to apply what I've been studying yesterday, some the upper part group of muscles. Figures are drawn from imagination. Please let me know what you think bout them. Thenx!

Attached Files Image(s)

moar - from book

Attached Files Image(s)

So I've been asked by these guys to do a painting for their website/project thing. Opinions so far? They seem to like it. The two guys in front specifically asked to look cyborg-ish :). Don't want to go into much detail, just face really. The two guys in front I consider about 95% finished.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd just take the photo they provided and paint some cool terminator lookin stuff into the photo. It'd be a good matte painting kinda challenge, getting the lighting to work in that situation from other photos. But I'd do a lot of other stuff like dropping the background colors to like a ridley scott kinda blue, add in some smoke and shit, some cool lights in the background like an future metropolis. Yea lot of photos everywhere, give it a shot ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Awesome man, I dig your cyborgs :P

Hey @Fedodika, thanks for suggestion :P

Thing is, I mean there are multiple things :D

1. never did matte painting and I think it's a bit more difficult than one would think, that is when you don't know what the heck you're doing :D
2. they asked for a painting not a photomanipulation :P
3. I wanted to do painting since I'm learning you know D: and this is pretty much my first 'full' rendering, I mean I did the thing for CHOW but I don't like it :D. I like this somewhat better, still ways to go tho'
4. yes, in future I'll definitely do some photobashing at some point

Yo @neopatogen, thenx for dropping by, I really like your finished CHOW product lizard dude. Very well done, I voted for you :D.

Here would be the *final* version :)

Attached Files Image(s)

In the end I decided to do a sci-fi background in blender & inkscape. I made 2 tv/monitor things in blender with some sci-fi-ish rendered terrain and some other "UI" elements in inkscape.

This is how it turned out. Unfortunately my (paint) rendering skills aren't that good :/ so this is all I could do for now (unless I wanted to work on it for another few days, which I didn't :D). But it was a super fun project in which I learned a bit about how difficult it is to do these freaking sci-fi ui stuff :D, I learned the blender compositor, reminded about modeling a bit, learned how to uv stuff and how to use render layer and a bit of inkscape.... cause I haven't used these things in years, I only had a some few ideas on how it workes cause I've seen some tutorials a while back, but yesterday I made a comeback and it I'm really happy about how it turned out (the background I mean cause the guys are... meh, ok :D).

But most importantly, they seem to like it so that's what counts, well and getting a bit of practice D:

Attached Files Image(s)

there ya go

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Back to the regular stuff :)

Attached Files Image(s)

more gestures...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi razvanc-r, 

I really enjoy the anatomy drawings so far. The movement and space of the figure is very well depicted. 

Additionally to your studies I would also recommend you to do some line practice, like drawing straight lines without a ruler, connecting two or more points freehand, drawing circles and ellipses freehand and more. It's good practice to fill a few sketchbooks this way. It helped me to get a better understanding of the dynamics of lines and also to train my hand for drawing. I am sure you can benefit a lot from this training, too.

You can see some of this kind of practice along with some great tips in this video

Have a nice day and keep up the good work! 
Kaiko
Hello @Kaiko!

Yes, I am well aware that my lines are too sketchy, two reasons:

1. I haven't discovered a good position at my desk to actually use the elbow/shoulder :)
2. lack of precision :/, I always seem to get the proportions wrong so need to correct - correct

But yes, the exercises are good and I need to do them at least as a warmup. I'm getting there :D
Thanks for the advice.

Attached Files Image(s)

i suppose I should put this here as well... my entry for CHOW DOWN #1.

Oh well... better one next time :)

[Image: 4iTzs0j]

imagination gesture... hmmm, definitely not as good as when using reference :D

Attached Files Image(s)

I should probably upload this by now :). Worked on it yesterday and is very much a WIP. Even though it isn't a good composition, I don't think I would have managed to do even this if it weren't for @Amit's EDROCKS "course" so thanks a bunch @Amit! I really need to get back on track with that one, but these other things are keep in the way :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Haha nice gif on your CHOW piece!

Thenx @izene :)

Great progress so far! Hope to see more! :)

Had some krita issues so I didn't draw as much, went into programming mode & fixed the issue in krita but it took me a couple of days... I really want to do the CHOW #2 thing and planned on doing some studies but didn't get around to doing yet... and still that EDROCKS gets less and less attention arrgh! :)

Anyway these are a bit of the stuff I did lately, arm studies cause I really need them... haven't really studied these that much yet.

Next, going back to the basics of composition &... more correct lighting for the tunnel thing.

And finally the animation stuff, yeah that is moving slowly too :D

Attached Files Image(s)