Mysti's sketchbook
Nice practice! Keep at it. Always keep trying to capture your visions.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Bookend thank you for your comment.

Attached Files Image(s)

Do you know the lock layer option in photoshop?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
some latest exercises
Darktiste, yes I do but I'm too lazy to do it while practising maybe I should start it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lazyness to this level as to stop at one point.Cutting corner as limit.I suggest you practice drawing on paper just to be sure where you at compare to digital.I find that working on a traditional medium really help get a better sense of value because you can't just undo mistake you got to be more thinkful about what you doing.

My Sketchbook
Here are my latest paintings I did, I'm not happy with any of this. They sucks. As much as I want to learn painting I don't see the improvement even if I learn something new, while painting I can't use those new advises to get better in it or if I do with time I stop using it and every painting is just worst then the one before, no one likes it I don't like it. I'm afraid that this is just waste of time, sometimes i'm wondering if this is even for me or should I just admire artist who are better and never become one of them. I started to lose faith in me. 

Go one tell me what you think (I know it's nothing good).

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't worry about other people skill it not there skill you want to improve.Being an artist sometime require to go back to more basic stuff but getting a deeper understanding it not all about pretty picture and that where you can see if you serious or not about drawing.You gotta have faith in yourself because you can't depend on other when it inside of you that you have those struggle but you can share what problem you have but you need to be honest with yourself.It not depressing to be honest it the only way to go foward.

My Sketchbook
What I think (and take it with a grain of salt) is that your painting skills are already pretty good. What you're lacking is drawing skills. Parts of your images look pretty flat, or weird because the underlying drawing has mistakes.

Like the mermaid, for example. Foreshortening doesn't come across, because too much of her belly is visible, while it shouldn't have been visible at all. Another example is the T-Rex looks unbalanced, because his left leg is at a weird angle and is way further back than it should be. In order to maintain the center of mass it should be closer to the viewer and it should be oriented the same as the body - in 3/4.

You should definitely check out lessons on perspective and anatomy, in order to improve your drawing skills. They are what holding back your painting skills.