Mysti's sketchbook
Hi guys this is my new account here I forgot password on the last one (Lussios) and don't have access to that email anymore so I was forced to create new one.

I bough my tablet in July 2015 but started with digital painting last year (2016) but didn't do much because I'm that person who gives up on the first obstacle, till now I found that girl my art buddy she is forcing me to do more to practice every day to learn and improve (hope that I do the same for her xD)

So here I'll post my paintings, sketches, everything I'll create hope to see improvement really fast.:)

something at the first later I'll post the rest.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welome to back to the forum Mysti :).

Nice restart. The lighting and colour on the hand is really nice.

I feel that you could work more on your construction - try to visualise the subjects as simple forms and then construct around that.

You're probably aware of drawbox.com but in case you're not, I highly recommend it. It's one of the sites that I keep referring back to. Working on this stuff may seem boring at first but in my own experience - once I saw how much of a difference it is making to my artistic progress - it became really exciting!

Keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Artloader, thank you for your comment, I'll definitely try drawbox once I get enough time.

New studies

Attached Files Image(s)

more studies

Attached Files Image(s)

studies I did lately

Attached Files Image(s)

Good to see you keeping posting! Seems like you gor interested in materials/effects, there's an appropriate thread on the forum in Grups section.
I actually back Artloader's advice on Drawabox, really helps to wrap one's mind around form construction. At least, it helped me personally.
As for the thumbnail, I think you could try being a bit more accurate (less sloppy), construction really helps with it. The composition is very symmetrical, you can have a look at master paintings and see what you can apply to your own image in terms of composition, also Loomis has some awesome tips on the subject in his book Creative illustration (it's free online).
Hope to see more stuff in your thread :)

Hehe... yeah almost everyone on this site has done Draw-A-Box exercises at one point and they really do help! And they have a free Reddit community that helps with critiquing the exercises that you have done. Check it out, it is pretty fun.

You have some cool artwork and your studies are nice too. All I have to say is get your reference and look at it for as long as you need in order to get the most information. Get out a notepad and jot some things down like the color, value, shapes, ect. of your subject and when you actually start to do your art then you can look back at your notes to reference. Also, do not go too fast. If you find yourself drawing fast, slow it down so you can actually think.

And I hope you don't give up because if you want to really get into art you can't just give up. I am a pretty lazy person (I was gonna say naturally lazy but I dunno if that is a thing.) but dammit I really want to get into the animation industry some day so... I might as well do my best to make my art good as fuck. I hope you get the same feeling like that someday.

(Oh and your bird study is cute!)

I search for drawabox and I'm going into it, but I want to learn painting as well so i will study values and other thing in the same time. 
I must say when I do studies I don't try to make it look perfect, perhaps I should.
I'll try to post more drawings, studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nothing wrong with doing painted studies or random paintings at all.
Yet another plug for drawabox.com because, when you start to work on the fundamental drawing skills your painting skills will also improve...and probably more than if you didn't and only painted.

Many early on don't realise, that painting is essentially drawing. Learn to draw forms well and give it due priority. guaranteed to fix many of the current issues I see in your paintings, which are to do with volume and form.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
thanks guys for suggestions I'm working as much as I can, hope to see improvement fast.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm trying to be better at art.

Attached Files Image(s)

New ones from me

Attached Files Image(s)

Great mix of studies and creative work! I like to see how you're playing with color, and your forms are getting more of that solid look.

Sketchbook

thank you for your comment Tygerson :D

Happy New Year to everyone

I usually don't do this but this year I decided to make some decisions.
  I want to try new techniques in traditional art those I never tried before, I wanna explore new things and just have fun using them, also I want to start learning anatomy, perspective, colours... and get out from the comfort zone, I'll try to practice, drawing and painting every single day, I'll try to post more drawings and paintings, pass all the exams on the college  I wanted to enroll  long time ago and I finally did, I want to get more freelance job this year cuz the college isn't free xD

recently I've been passing trough my old studies from 2016 and 2017 and saw some pretty good studies I wanna share with you here.

Attached Files Image(s)

and here are new studies from this year -this year i'll pay more attention to studies and want to finish them make them to look pretty.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking at your studies I think you sabotage yourself by adding color, in the sense that... Say your doing a study to learn how to render a face, or a tennis ball or a dress... I mean it's not the end of the world and sure you get to mess around with color and "have a little bit of fun" But then you can also "overcomplicate things" in the sense that you don't only have to worry about getting that shape of a ball or that fold of the dress "right" but you also have to get the right colors and the right shades and all that... I'd try to make some grayscale studies so you could just focus on one specific thing... like "in this study I'm just going to try to get the tennis ball/face to look like the reference in terms of shape and form (3d)" and once you have that knowledge you can add just color on top (I don't mean like doing a pic in grayscale and add color layer on top! I mean once you know how a ball looks like and how to draw, you can draw it with color, but doing too much in a study is kinda counterproductive in my opinion)
The order to understand form and light for me come like this understanding perspective,plane change,being able to draw (box,sphere,triangle,cylinder and cone)doing greyscale study that show understanding of different lighting scenario.I strongly advice to simplify the way you approch studying you can alway increase the complexity of a study by mixing many fundamental in once but a common error is to tackle to many thing at once.It sure is hard to avoid going straight to doing ''pretty picture'' and it can be tiring to only do study so it good to sometime do personal project to mix what you learn previously and see what you need to adjust in for the next study .

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I started with learning values I've done some resources about this area and started with practice so I hope you can give me some critique about this area.

Attached Files Image(s)

Keep doing more so i can see more accurately what error you repeating. Use different form such as organic shape cube pyramid cylinder and sphere.Also indicate the direction of the light source.You can also try to work on the cast shadow.Did you ever heard of Scott Robertson - How to Render - The Fundamentals of Light, Shadow and Reflectivity ?If not i recommend you get that book you cannot regret getting that book.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
nope, didn't hear but I'll search for that definitely, and I'll work on cast shadow thanks
here are new studies.

Attached Files Image(s)