ANDREW GIBBONS SKETCHBOOK
I really like your creature designs, the texture and form shapes in the last one is great, and I like the lighting on the Kappa

@skeffin
Thank you, I still got so much to work on, I'm so constantly inspired and frustrated lol
but I appreciate the kind words always

Here's some work I did this year for gift wares wholesaler who found me through the spray painting wall murals I started doing at the end of 2019

as a side note, you don't know where opportunities are going to come from, so I encourage you to just work prolifically in the way and areas you enjoy, and let the ball roll.

bit of planning is still great for long term, mid and short goals. But don't let money be the only factor that dictates where your art career takes you.

that to me at least, feels like good advice.  Rolling eyes, funny thought

[Image: deaksxo-fd8fcf0a-1a2d-4c05-bddb-defe7bc7...Z7xIe92AT0]

the following two images were made to be modular, the characters needed to be on separate layers so they could be plugged into different compositions to fit different products

It was a challenge to have to make that consideration but also kinda fun at times, as well as stressful because I typically prefer working with few layers.

[Image: deaksxt-91e2e229-bb4b-44b8-a8ff-7cc7df67...jVjsleC0G8]
[Image: deaksxk-057da9b7-da2f-482c-9e47-8ed5b581...FnjtKYQM80]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Nice work on the last 2 paintings, they both have a great vibe to them. Great expressions, too! Keep up the great work as always, always looking forward to more updates from you!

@CGMythology appreciate it~

Finished one more of these to complete a set of 3 Silk outfits

[Image: decm90s-9cb8a889-9701-45c3-8195-f0876a3d...SdiLKVg3LE]

[Image: decm97v-314c9413-6fec-4ed4-9f54-407efa0b...g1MjZ9eNTQ]

still working on a set of commissions for an author.
doing some personal work in between, revisiting a couple of older pieces i want to spruce up and adding to some on going sets of images, like the spider girls/ symbiote set

Awesome man - I love how you rendered the hair!

Good luck with the commissions as well :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

The latest piece looks awesome man! I love how you've rendered out the materials!

I'm fully on board with Artloader and Zorrentos, really good stuff there.
The left one's my favorite actually. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

SKETCHBOOK // INSTAGRAM // WEBSITE

-------------------------------------------------------
"Losing all hope was freedom."
Cheers guys, appreciate you taking the time to look~ and for the feedback

Got a couple more of this set done,
one is a partial redo that I wasn't satisfied with and the other is a variant on another Gwen Stacy done previously
I think it's good rendering practice, was happy speed wise to get these two looking alright in a single day

Many skills and work practices to flesh out,
It's hard letting things be good enough and not getting too hung up.
I like expanding on the image series I've been doing for a few years. I'ts like collecting my own toys..

[Image: decr5ft-240ad9d5-4231-4838-a674-e0a34943...E-gYhxZZ0s]

[Image: decr5kf-ae50882b-b3c2-4c7b-9c73-c96f8717...GmJOXeSuOI]

Haven't updated anything for a bit but have been keeping on the client work and planning out the images ahead
Invested in an A3+ (13x19'') format printer to get into better controlled prints this year. like it allot so far.

heres a couple of things from latley

still a WIP but had a chill draw session with a friend that needed to de-stress from his work as a fire fighter
so we drew Halle Berry will probably pick it up again and see if I can take it to a more finished look
It's on grey paper just cos that what I had laying around

[Image: deevs71-8b9642ca-dcf8-4740-8fc3-281ff99c...QnIHnP-ADA]

I took my friend through his 2nd digital painting class with me
He elected to paint Conor Mcgregor
We are going to have at least one more session to push things to a higher level of render
this is the one I painted during the sessions

[Image: deevrvw-8a7d2b74-8765-4d29-b079-68e98238...-wajKDG4B0]

and here is his one
[Image: deevsmg-4993f3dd-7c25-4915-a0ca-ca90204a...H-to73BAhU]

And I've picked up this old image I had wanted to do since a few years back
I'm planning to do a set of poster looking images for all the things I'm into since childhood
so here's one for Evangelion.
Mostly happy with the composition
I think I can pull it together and balance it during the rendering

[Image: deevrvs-97d10806-5208-4257-8e53-19da5d68...A_iNapGWlU]

Gonna watch through the Newer movie versions to see if theres any other details I want to squeeze in for my own satisfaction.

hope yall are well

reach out if you need any help as always

The poster you are working on looks great even in this early stage! I'm eager to see how it's gonna look in a more finished state and how all the values and hues are going to look next to each other! :D

Long time no update..
I've finished up on some client work.
have too many work in progress pieces, nothing much worth showing.
have taken up blender recently. trying to learn enough to make some 3D printable sculpts.
here's my first attempt at a bust, based on one of my paintings
hope to improve it a fair bit more
the program tool functions, processes and hotkeys are a bigger hurdle than the sculpting itself.
feels promising so far so I hope this will be an avenue I can go down to work independently.

I've had allot of struggle with tablet issues in the last several months really messing with my productivity.
my Cintiq 24HD screen went out. I don't have the spare funds to have it repaired just now.
I opted to get an XP-pen 24 inch so I could continue my client work but I was having horrible cursor glitches and doing the work was a real ton of frustration. Months later I finally found disabling the tilt function on the pen reduced the glitch occurrence greatly, so I can hopefully enjoy painting again instead of Pain-ting.

hope you are all well

[Image: dertvq2-8e9cbe4c-a192-4d17-a8d8-0b61aac4...D1yQ3nLTnM]

Oh and some products I did some illustrations for have started appearing on shelves around the country, which is nice.

[Image: dertw8u-92cb92db-b843-4d98-b896-01dc6190...lvVDM8w80U]
[Image: dertw8o-a10d1e4f-9f9a-4069-a1b0-d0778994...2OEjWWR17s]

And someone in Russia got a tattoo of one of my paintings. also nice..

[Image: 168983058_175314534411634_30466119793519...CT_LtDOCTg]
this is the painting
[Image: dar53kc-75075904-0a4f-4d2a-9473-da84ab01...DsiAOnSuD0]

Man what a blast it was to go through your SB! Love your rendering style and the way you light your pieces, it's got that sort of ambient occlusion type lighting, makes the skin look nice hehe. Anyway keep posting!

Sorry to hear about your technical difficulties. Even with all the conveniences of digital art, they can stop you in your tracks.

The koalas are precious. That's a novelty mug I'd be happy to use. That Amazon painting is really nice. The diffused lighting and feeling of depth from the hard and soft areas is very well done, and the face feels genuine and real. Glad to see it was turned into a tattoo.
Hey, thanks for stopping by and the comments guys~

small update. some more products coming out for the licencing deal I did in 2020

[Image: gibson_products_by_andrew_gibbons_des7ep...QemGzbtHHg]
[Image: des7f8t-c1b9e170-dd78-41c8-9651-eb23cdb8...A7e9U_YYnI]

here's an updated version of the wolverine piece that i started ages ago but am revisiting cos I wasn't happy with it.
gonna finish it when i'm in the mood to paint.
at the moment i'm putting time into learning blender so I can 3D print my own models

Still a fair bit of work to do with it. will probably spend allot of time noodling with all the faces and trying to get things more cohesive.

[Image: des7fda-7c916a6f-09c9-4051-a0b4-66d81e83...kDB-PKWTrw]

And here's what i'm working on today
gonna make some yokai bust sculptures starting with this oni
looking forward to printing and painting up this thing.

[Image: des7emc-6eb22931-49e8-4fa6-a15c-4e1e4641...QdkMNe0b7w]

Loving the updates, Andrew. The product image looks really great, has a great comp and the poses of the animals are very well done and lively! Great work on the 'Wolverine' image, another great composition from you. Looking forward to seeing what you cook up with for the Oni!

Enjoying seeing the sculpts come together in blender.
a year ago I wasn't much thinking about putting time into 3D
It's been refreshing and nice to feel some of the 2D skills transfer over to 3D
Here's my first 2 mostly completed sculpts, an Oni and Kappa.
going to touch them up a bit more before getting them ready for 3D printing

[Image: andrew-gibbons-andrewgoni1.jpg?1633603667]

[Image: andrew-gibbons-kappa4.jpg?1634589209]

Should have some more painting work soon from a good return client so I'll still be doing the 2D stuff.
so maybe projects to work on.

hope everyone well, reach out if you need some help or advice

These came out great! Nothing really to offer in terms of critique since I have no clue about modelling just yet (I did recently download Blender so maybe that will change!) so I'm offering just praise. Keep up the great work!

Ha, the Koalas are spot-on, I will have to keep my eye out for those. Nicely done on the 3D too. The prospect of making your own 3D prints is so enticing.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
and after another bit of absence..

here's a few digital sketch pages. just trying to get more comfortable drawing

[Image: sb1_by_andrew_gibbons_df9uaoq-pre.jpg?to...j_8YEgcA8Q]

[Image: sb2_by_andrew_gibbons_df9uaoh-pre.jpg?to...CQOHJDzbvQ]

[Image: sb3_by_andrew_gibbons_df9uaox-pre.jpg?to...f2G3lnUJVc]

Still doing client work.
pretty drained from it even though I like the subject matter (animals)

hope yall well

Dope stuff all around!