ANDREW GIBBONS SKETCHBOOK
More Portraits
using a brush from Dave Rapoza's Realistic Orc portrait tutorial which I highly recommend
go find it on gumroad, $5 for 15 hours full commentary..crazy
andy, i like the brush, blends really nice and don't feel the urge to zoom in as much for some reason..
getting happier with the results and in less time too!
Portraits errrday..almost
[Image: patron_portrait___edwin_by_andrew_gibbons-dbh3y4u.jpg]
[Image: patron_portrait___martin_by_andrew_gibbons-dbh3ro7.jpg]
[Image: patron_portrait___hideaki_by_andrew_gibbons-dbh53q7.jpg]

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
More portraits
really enjoying this brush and how it blends
feel like I'm getting better at catching the feel of the people I'm drawing
quite enjoy not knowing how I'm going to pull it together but making it happen
again, I really recommend portrait studies this way, I mean aiming for the feel and learning the forms of the
faces. good value learning..

[Image: patron_portrait___sam_by_andrew_gibbons-dbh86dx.jpg]
[Image: patron_portrait___brayden_by_andrew_gibbons-dbh8nx1.jpg]
[Image: patron_portrait___shane_by_andrew_gibbons-dbhatdj.jpg]

Ha! you got better in the first post! Nice to see that progression over the space of a few years. Keep em coming man!

(07-30-2017, 12:09 AM)Bledley Wrote: Ha! you got better in the first post! Nice to see that progression over the space of a few years. Keep em coming man!

Thanks for taking a look, will keep em coming!

[Image: patron_portrait___kevin_by_andrew_gibbons-dbhvhrp.jpg]
[Image: patron_portrait___chungki_by_andrew_gibbons-dbhzb0h.jpg]
[Image: real_eyes___page_1_by_andrew_gibbons-dbhzxfg.jpg]
[Image: real_eyes_ip_logo_by_andrew_gibbons-dbi0025.jpg]
started trying to illustrate a comic idea i had from a few years back..
heres the first page and the logo i made for it

love composing these 8 limbed peoples
gonna try to do more of these this month.. make anatomy study a little more fun

[Image: lisona___people_of_limbs_by_andrew_gibbons-dbii69r.jpg]

So I've been working on this dragon piece for a while and keep changing things endlessly
I love dragons and I have both Asian and European heritage so this is why I'm doing this piece
I've not seen too many dragon images i love and even fewer pieces with both asian and european dragons co existing so as I've heard, you should draw what you want to see.

I'm just going to keep working on this as long as it takes to be happy enough with it
and comments welcome

[Image: dragon_brawl_zwip_by_andrew_gibbons-dbl8d4q.jpg]

Few Pencil renderings from the past couple days

[Image: kina_grannis_by_andrew_gibbons-dblx5kn.jpg]

[Image: salyu_by_andrew_gibbons-dblx5tc.jpg]

[Image: lily_allen_by_andrew_gibbons-dbm47v5.jpg]

Latest Stuff

[Image: alien_universe_by_andrew_gibbons-dblxfz4.jpg]
Just had the urge to make this Alien universe composition

[Image: ewan_mcgregor___study_50_minutes_by_andr...bn4652.jpg]
Portrait study of Obi Wannnnnn

[Image: chandelier_by_andrew_gibbons-dbn4vbx.jpg]
been listening to this chandelier song too much latley..

[Image: manny_pacquiao_by_andrew_gibbons-dbnbvde.jpg]
wanted to get into some caricature again. really enjoyed this one
did it in one sitting.. well in one day, which i'm happy about..

Soooooooo sexy <3

Hey Andrew! I really enjoyed your sketchbook. You have done nice progress. Im curious how the dragon piece will turn out. Maybe you can introduce another light source in addation to this fill and fire light. But of course is up to you :)

(09-14-2017, 10:05 PM)Pavel Wrote: Hey Andrew! I really enjoyed your sketchbook. You have done nice progress. Im curious how the dragon piece will turn out. Maybe you can introduce another light source in addation to this fill and fire light. But of course is up to you :)

@NoodleInBox
Thanks!

@Pavel
Tahnk you, yeah the dragon ones kickin my ass a bit. i agree somethings not so satisfying with the lighting. was going for setting sun light coming from the left so its shines through the wing a bit and can still hit parts of the asian dragon. will see how it goes, thanks for taking a look at my sketchbook

Here's the process for my Manny Pacquiao Caricature
[Image: manny_process_by_andrew_gibbons-dbnsar4.jpg]

[Image: my_barber_by_andrew_gibbons-dbns9my.jpg]
Painting I did for my barber friend

Here's a piece I did for Clint Cearley's Alice in Neon Challenge
I got briefed to do a keyframe of Alice waking up from crio sleep
I'm part of his Patreon group and has been really open and helpful
I recommend checking his youtube videos out, his channel is called swatches

[Image: alice_in_neon_by_andrew_gibbons-dbnz19s.jpg]

Thought i should show i also do more study studies as well as applied stuff.
heres some of the poses i did between july and september.
sorry that theyre small
should expand a bit if you click on it :)

[Image: studies_by_andrew_gibbons-dbnz7i7.jpg]

Awesome work in here dude! And wow that's a shed load of poses! Keep it going fella!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(09-22-2017, 07:01 AM)Artloader Wrote: Awesome work in here dude!  And wow that's a shed load of poses!  Keep it going fella!

Thx bro! I've got some pose books that have about 1200 poses in each x 9 books. I decided im going to draw every pose in all those books. im like a third way through the first book haha, but i think by the end i should be better at drawing figures from my mind.. thats the hope anyway

heres one ive been working on latley
im gonna keep rendering this till im happy so still a long ways to go..

[Image: onsen_dragon_wideweb_progress_by_andrew_...box1lw.jpg]

Hey bro, I love all those pen studies for the figures!!

As most ppl know I really like neked ladiez, so i am definitely enjoying the most recent piece hehe; It has a very nice gestural flow from the left to the right and alotta good overlaps :). I would try maybe playing with the cropping a little, for instance you could crop the right side of the picture just a little to make the focal point not dead center. As far as the rendering and values, I think you'll sort out a lot of things I'm seeing given some time, Nice stuff!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(09-30-2017, 09:51 PM)Fedodika Wrote: Hey bro, I love all those pen studies for the figures!!

As most ppl know I really like neked ladiez, so i am definitely enjoying the most recent piece hehe; It has a very nice gestural flow from the left to the right and alotta good overlaps :). I would try maybe playing with the cropping a little, for instance you could crop the right side of the picture just a little to make the focal point not dead center. As far as the rendering and values, I think you'll sort out a lot of things I'm seeing given some time, Nice stuff!

Thanks for the feedback. i definitely share an appreciation for neked ladiez haha

I was thinking the same about the cropping. the centeredness is a bit odd and it really stuck out when i opened the piece with fresh eyes.
hope i can really sort out the rendering but i'm glad no ones had any major issues with the composition that i've been blind to.

heres a little process thing for a piece i didnt finish
should be clickable for larger view
[Image: dragongirl_by_andrew_gibbons-dbp0b7w.jpg]

Hey! Re:naked ladies, I also think the centred comp could be improved by shifting to off-centre. For my taste I'd remove one of the naked ladies on the left side to allow for more negative space, but I could be wrong on that. I loooove the central girl & dragon, they're looking swell.

The boobs are looking quite high up on your figures. The girly on the top left has a kind of anti-grav invisible push-up bra effect that's consequently making her torso look strangely long.

Great work though. Love your dedication to pose studies!

-   Sketchbook   - 
(10-01-2017, 02:19 AM)BadWoolf Wrote: Hey! Re:naked ladies, I also think the centred comp could be improved by shifting to off-centre. For my taste I'd remove one of the naked ladies on the left side to allow for more negative space, but I could be wrong on that. I loooove the central girl & dragon, they're looking swell.

The boobs are looking quite high up on your figures. The girly on the top left has a kind of anti-grav invisible push-up bra effect that's consequently making her torso look strangely long.

Great work though. Love your dedication to pose studies!

Thanks for the feedback, i noticed the oddness of the centredness. totally agree and will fix that. im hoping when i render the water it will increase the negative space feel on the left.
i dressed up in girls uniform on last day of highschool and got told off for my boobs being too high..
tendencies we develop hey :P will fix all that in the many hours of rendering to come..
[Image: 1930357_23990195046_1123_n__1__by_andrew...bp0ywr.jpg]

cheers for taking a look at me sketch book