Hi again...
Tongue 
So… Hi everyone! *God I’m so bad at this things >///< (I feel this is so cliché tho ¬7¬)* I was here in CD few years ago… it was the first place I found where ppl seemed to take seriously their art improvement. And so I hopped in, but at that time I wasn’t really comfortable with my drawing skills... I mean don’t get me wrong, I still don’t feel like my drawings are more than just a bunch of crap, but now at least I think I have a little bit of an idea of what I’m doing (not really, most of the times I’m just improvising and winging it) Since I noticed that I could actually do something instead of just scribbling and hoping for the best, I thought it was about time to find a place to show my stuff and exchange serious critiques with ppl that were also kind of serious about getting better… And after a lot of time trying to find a place, it slapped me in the face Crimson Daggers ofc… So I tried to came back to my old account… there was not much a of a success there cause I forgot my password and my username so RIP OTL… so I made a new one! And this time I’ll try to be a part of this group and not being a crying baby like last time ¬3¬

As for myself, welp I’m self taught… I didn’t go to Art School nor taking any art classes. Everything that I know it was just “thanks to” my (shitty) own research, asking ppl, and trying and failing, trying and failing and failing and failing… And I still have no idea of what I’m doing, so yeah

When it comes to art, I don’t have a “style” or anything like that, so I just tend to go as realistic as I can with my drawings and hope for the best. That being said, I’m not really worried about that or stylizing things…
I don’t have like “art goals” in the sense that I feel like I want to be able to make so many things at the same time… and I know that’s kinda bad… cause I don’t have like an idea of what I’m supposed to work towards… but idk… I fell like the closest thing would be like illustration/painting (but realistic illustration) and like narrative (in the sense of comic and that stuff)

My current level is pretty low, but I feel like at least I have that sense of 3d form, at least in my head. Rn I’m trying to work with digital painting, specially values… yeap I’m still working in greyscale…

I’m looking for real critiques here… what I mean is that I want honest critiques. If you feel like you have something to say but you might hurt me, please do… I much rather have a critique that helps me (even if it’s not what I want to hear) than a sugar coated critique that doesn’t really point out what I should work on. Also I should mention that I don’t like taking without giving something in return so… if you want me to check your stuff please ask me (But just know I’ll do it anyway :Y I’m a creep :v) I’ll try to be as helpful s I can with my comments, but if I sound a little bit like a bitch, please keep in mind that that’s not my intention… I just want to help!

Yee, sorry for the lengthy intro.. not my thing… I’ll go and open a sketchbook and leave sum comments… Baiiiii! *hides in the shadows*

-Potato
Welcome back to Crimson Daggers Potato :).

Looking forward to having you along, sounds like you're already onto a good path and have a good attitude to receiving critique.

Good luck with the art studies!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-09-2018, 08:26 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome back to Crimson Daggers Potato :).

Looking forward to having you along, sounds like you're already onto a good path and have a good attitude to receiving critique.

Good luck with the art studies!

Thank you <3
Quote:I don’t have like “art goals” in the sense that I feel like I want to be able to make so many things at the same time… and I know that’s kinda bad… cause I don’t have like an idea of what I’m supposed to work towards… but idk… I fell like the closest thing would be like illustration/painting (but realistic illustration) and like narrative (in the sense of comic and that stuff)

Having many goals to hit isn't bad. I think putting them off by working on something other than your goals is. Not that it's a sacrilegious thing to do, since I believe every member here shares that same predicament at least one point in their lives. It's probably why people fall off the art wagon for the most part..

Regardless whether or not you're at the skill level you imagine yourself to be, I think you should do your illustration, or painting, or comics, or whatever it is you got cooking up in there.

Good luck. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(01-09-2018, 11:07 PM)John Wrote:
Quote:I don’t have like “art goals” in the sense that I feel like I want to be able to make so many things at the same time… and I know that’s kinda bad… cause I don’t have like an idea of what I’m supposed to work towards… but idk… I fell like the closest thing would be like illustration/painting (but realistic illustration) and like narrative (in the sense of comic and that stuff)

Having many goals to hit isn't bad. I think putting them off by working on something other than your goals is. Not that it's a sacrilegious thing to do, since I believe every member here shares that same predicament at least one point in their lives. It's probably why people fall off the art wagon for the most part..

Regardless whether or not you're at the skill level you imagine yourself to be, I think you should do your illustration, or painting, or comics, or whatever it is you got cooking up in there.

Good luck. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

Thank you!

What I wanted to say with that statement is that usually having an art goal is useful in the sense that you know what to work towards and it gives an idea on how to prioritize your skills set and all that... It basically gives an idea of "ok to be a comic artist I need to be good/decent at this and that"... whereas not really having a goal leaves you in this place where you're not really sure what could be useful to you in the future, so you end up (at least I do) thinking that you have to develop a lot of skills and invest a lot of time in a lot of things just in case y'know...
Welcome back, I also disappeared for a few years and returned slightly more consistent so best of luck to you. Happy to crit and get crits and all that good stuff

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
(01-10-2018, 10:19 PM)xelfereht Wrote: Welcome back, I also disappeared for a few years and returned slightly more consistent so best of luck to you. Happy to crit and get crits and all that good stuff

Whoa, dude... I like your stuff O: You've come a long way... Also thanks :3
Quote:What I wanted to say with that statement is that usually having an art goal is useful in the sense that you know what to work towards and it gives an idea on how to prioritize your skills set and all that... It basically gives an idea of "ok to be a comic artist I need to be good/decent at this and that"... whereas not really having a goal leaves you in this place where you're not really sure what could be useful to you in the future, so you end up (at least I do) thinking that you have to develop a lot of skills and invest a lot of time in a lot of things just in case y'know...

As you said, you see yourself working in comics or in illustration. There are a lot of topics that overlap, like knowledge of perspective. If you're trying to think of goals, maybe a good way to push off is to find the overlapping topics among your interests and go from there!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(01-11-2018, 01:40 AM)John Wrote:
Quote:What I wanted to say with that statement is that usually having an art goal is useful in the sense that you know what to work towards and it gives an idea on how to prioritize your skills set and all that... It basically gives an idea of "ok to be a comic artist I need to be good/decent at this and that"... whereas not really having a goal leaves you in this place where you're not really sure what could be useful to you in the future, so you end up (at least I do) thinking that you have to develop a lot of skills and invest a lot of time in a lot of things just in case y'know...

As you said, you see yourself working in comics or in illustration. There are a lot of topics that overlap, like knowledge of perspective. If you're trying to think of goals, maybe a good way to push off is to find the overlapping topics among your interests and go from there!

Hum... that's an interesting point... I mean rn I'm just trying to build some foundations... but there's that possibility... cause like you said there are some constants when it comes to what I want to do...