line control exercise
hello everyone, 19 yo brazillian guy here, I just took on this journey to become a concept artist and illustrator, I'll be focusing on fundamentals for atleast 1 year and I'll be working at it for several hours a day, if anyone has any tips to best use forums to improve my skills and interact with the community I'd be gratefull. If things go well I plan on posting here regularly.

if I uploaded it right there should a picture of some line exercises i've been doing daily to get confident with my strokes.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think you should have enought exercise to practice.

image 1 is all about spacing. You want to create a grind try to have the space between each line at the same distance. Do not use a ruler.

image 2 image is all about visualizing distance between two point you first start by drawing atleast 10 point to increase difficulty increase the distance between each point.You than want to draw line that goes form one point to an other. Do not use a ruler.

image 3 is about spacing and the direction of the line.Create a rectangle with a ruler and divide it by creating two diagonal that goes from each corner of the rectangle you now have 4 triangle fill the space inside like seen in the picture.

image 4 is an exercise on ellipse that is hard for beginner you might want to practice cercle and ellipse before trying this exercise.

image 5 Try to draw cercle and ellipse you don't have to draw them as you see in the image but for more challenge try to create cercle of the same size do the same with ellipse

image 6 follow the instruction

if you have any question or want tips you can ask me.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(05-06-2018, 05:39 PM)darktiste Wrote: I think you should have enought exercise to practice.

image 1 is all about spacing. You want to create a grind try to have the space between each line at the same distance. Do not use a ruler.

image 2 image is all about visualizing distance between two point you first start by drawing atleast 10 point to increase difficulty increase the distance between each point.You than want to draw line that goes form one point to an other.  Do not use a ruler.

image 3 is about spacing and the direction of the line.Create a rectangle with a ruler and divide it by creating  two diagonal that goes from each corner of the rectangle you now have 4 triangle fill the space inside like seen in the picture.

image 4 is an exercise on ellipse that is hard for beginner you might want to practice cercle and ellipse before trying this exercise.

image 5 Try to draw cercle and ellipse you don't have to draw them as you see in the image but for more challenge try to create cercle of the same size do the same with ellipse

image 6 follow the instruction

if you have any question or want tips you can ask me.
thank you for the reply, I tried my hand with the page 4 exercise and I sure need some more practice with, but it felt cool drawing it .
Don't forget to visit the resource section and to start a sketchbook to get feedback Cya.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.