Raz's Sketchbook
much figure work..very wowe...inspired myself!

I digg that magma face dude =d Nice aplication of the study =D

Haha magma man looks awesome. Really cool. I really dig how you are going about these studies.

The anatomy studies are really paying off, I can see a lot of improvement in forms and proportions. Keep up the good fight and keep working on those personal pieces! :)

Thanks guys, glad you like the lava dude, I kinda hated him for a while :).
@ Jaik-yup got to get those personal pieces going :).

your studies really inspiring man, the gestures also getting better, keep goin man

Nice studies. Really fluid stuff. No suggestions here, just keep pressing on.

Ah those gestures. Love them. I bet you aquired some incredible powers by doing them. I'd love to see those powers in your personal piece anytime soon. Keep rockin' mate and have great 14!

Thank you guys! Last post for 2013 so I wish everybody a Happy New Year!

Niiiice. Those poses sure are helping you. I would suggest to check out how Ryan Woodward does the gesture drawings if you haven't already. Really inspiring and useful drawings he has.

Lots of stuff/ good going.

If you don't mind me asking why are you doing so many 30 second gestures? Are you looking to improve your proportions or line of action or are they just to warm up in the morning?

I'm just curious what you're approach is since I'm working on anatomy as well.

Best,

thats a lovely gesture drawing, you should try doing a long 2 hours full body drawing so you can analyze more the proportion and anatomy of the figure

Cool to see you doing loads of figure studies too!

Oooo, I like that last girl. She purrtyy. Don't know whether its a finished piece or just a sketch but sticking in some darker values will benefit it a lot.

Happy new years and good luck in growing this next year! :)

Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you guys for checking out my stuff :).
@ Gliger I looked him upa bit, but now that you mentioned him I'm going to look through his stuff some more. Thanks for the tip.
@dracken A bit of all of them. I think I can push the action some more but I've been focusing on proportions a bit too much. They are a good warm-up as well and I couple them with some ~ 10 min figure drawings.
@rioriorio Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to do that soon.
@ kidult Thank you!
@ Jaik Thank you. It was a sketch, but some darker values would really help.

Trying out Sycra's value game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5zVFlMQZEs

Nice going on the value studies, i'm trying to level up on them too!

That value study is great stuff.

Thanks for answering about the figures. The shortest poses I do are about 1 minute. I'll have to start pushing some 30 seconds.

Thank you!

@ Kidult Thank you. Got to work a lot on those.
@ Dracken No problem. I do mine for 60 sec too. Used to do them for 30 and 45. Still have trouble with the laying down gestures.

Trying some Sci Fi hunter sketches. No idea what I'm doing.

I think you do have an idea of what you're doing heh xD Those anatomy and gesture studies sure do help, love the weighty feeling of the elephant rider. So keep it up and apply those studies in your personal work.

Great stuff with the value game, really need to try that too, also those beans, I love the beans :D

Those are some really good sci fi hunter sketches too! Looking forward to seeing more of them.