Hello world.
First, I'd like to apologize for the wall of text, because finding this forum randomly through Google images made me feel that excited. 

Secondly,

I'm known as Sifter online, but my actual name's Ismail. I'm from Morocco, 21 years old, and made myself jobless because I chose to focus on art the most—I'll go look for another regular job later when the Cintiq arrives in my country lol. 

I teach myself figure drawing and other aspects of figurative art to become an illustrator, because I love making things look as nice as I can make them be. My idea is that, once figure drawing, and all that comes with it, becomes more or less automated in my brain and muscles, I can move on to bigger things, because jumping into actual illustrative works so soon, to my personal belief, would be a death sentence, if not made with the intent of study and evaluation. For that reason I chose to stick to specific studies, which is why my sketchbook will not look the fanciest of them all. 

I just want to express how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw there was still a forum out there that is active, considering how forums are becoming more and more of a dying concept in general. Scruffled through some sketchbooks in here, and I was in awe at the level people are at—I'll make sure to reply to their threads after I'm done posting this one. It's sort of like that one LevelUp facebook group, but organized.  

It made me feel happy because once I saw there were posts from 2019, I knew I'd get at least one critique or two, after every 20 updates in my sketchbook, from people who are, to me at least, actually decent, so such critiques will be invaluable to me, even if dropped once every full moon. 

I'm showing below some of my recent stuff, while saving the rest for my sketchbook, just to follow the trend of pairing your stuff with your intro, based on what I've seen in other intros.  

Anyway, I'm glad I found this place, and I hope to me active in the future! Also, would really appreciate the harsh critiques, since those tend to hit the nail on the head. 

[Image: 17.png] [Image: 17-5.png][Image: 19.png] [Image: 24.png] [Image: 23.png]
It good to be so grateful i totally understand your feeling of finally finding somewhere you belong it feel like alot of the place where there is art there isn't this sense of belonging it can be hard to find a community of hard working individual ready to help each other and i think you will be glad you joined.

Now a quick critic.
Careful with tangent in the samurai piece idk if you know what it if not i can explain it to you

Other then that welcome to the club here your daggers.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
welcome sifter.... Ive only recently returned after a few years away from the daggers, joined a lot of facebook groups in the past but you get lost in the noise... so very glad to be back here.

anyway great stuff you got goin.... keep them coming
Thanks for the welcome, guys. And thanks for the critique, darkiste. I'll pay attention to tangents next time.
Hey welcome to Crimson Daggers Sifter :).

I'm loving your stuff, even the little wrapping lines you've got going on around the form.

Good luck with your journey on here :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook