advice for anatomy studies of legs and feet ?
Tongue 
studied the legs and feet during these 2 months, some things copied and others made from the imagination ,I have reviewed several books, tutorials and sources and discovered a lot even but I feel that I need more, could someone give me any criticism or advice?

Attached Files Image(s)

Not really an advise i my opinion but something that might be underated in an artist journey now a day is life drawing class.If you can find live model class i think it will help you get a more realistic idea about the leg and it different shape.From muscular to fatty.

My advise is to learn more about the superficial muscle and how twisting and flexing affect the muscle group.Because it affect the form of the leg and therefor affect the value change.

I don't think you have terrible leg but that doesn't mean you can draw a leg from imagination.The best thing you should do is draw the leg from memory fist and than work from there to see what area of the leg you still need to solidify.

In my opinion leg are great to study if you aim to draw nude figure for a living but there not that important compare to the upper body but they should be understand and you should be able to know there proportion to retain the believiablity of the piece.Since most of the time there covered by pant and shoe i don't see the point in spending alot of attention on them.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(05-19-2019, 03:50 PM)darktiste Wrote: .Since most of the time there covered by pant and shoe i don't see the point in spending alot of attention on them.

Because the way you draw the pants and shoes depends on what is underneath them.

(05-20-2019, 08:05 AM)JosephCow Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 03:50 PM)darktiste Wrote: .Since most of the time there covered by pant and shoe i don't see the point in spending alot of attention on them.

Because the way you draw the pants and shoes depends on what is underneath them.

Of course it important but do you think you need to learn every little bone of the foot to do a good shoe? I don't think so.It more important to learn the range of motion and to learn the simplification but of course it alway depend of what you aim at doing.I would just generally think that leg can be seen as a lesser important feature.For example it much more important to draw face in my opinion than to draw a good foot or a good hand compare to a good foot.

My Sketchbook
(05-20-2019, 11:35 AM)darktiste Wrote: Of course it important but do you think you need to learn every little bone of the foot to do a good shoe?
No, you probably don't need to know that. But I wouldn't say the legs are less important to study than torso or head just because people wear pants. Why study the torso? people just wear shirts anyway! Why study the head? it's covered by hair anyway! I'm just saying it's not great reasoning.

(05-21-2019, 03:14 AM)JosephCow Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 11:35 AM)darktiste Wrote: Of course it important but do you think you need to learn every little bone of the foot to do a good shoe?
No, you probably don't need to know that. But I wouldn't say the legs are less important to study than torso or head just because people wear pants. Why study the torso? people just wear shirts anyway! Why study the head? it's covered by hair anyway! I'm just saying it's not great reasoning.

When i say less important i talk about an order of priority not as if they should be completely neglected.
There less important because you will surely draw more bare torso and head than anything else it just due to the head being the center of interest.Leg are playing pun intended just playing a supporting role.
Of course if we look at anatomy from a renaissance point of view i would be on a stake right now burning for my heretic view.Since most artist at that time were drawing human figure almost exclusively and the nude figure was a big thing.

Why study the torso because you will surely put a dude in bare chest.And if can i prefer if a man would keep is pant on.If you want to draw nude of course it much more important to learn to draw the leg.

But let say you want to be a portraitist and you draw leg for 2 month it wouldn't be a good investment toward achieving your intended goal in the quickest time possible.Studying is a matter of priority it not arbitrary unless you want your progress to be arbitrary.

My Sketchbook
I doubt the OP asked for advice on their leg drawings because they wanted to be exclusively a portrait artist, so this discussion feels a bit off topic?

I wish I could offer any advice, but to me these studies look solid. I'm also not sure which of these, if any, are from inagination, maybe that would have helped spot any weaknesses in understanding the anatomy. Is there anything in particular you feel you're not "getting" yet?