Attached Files Image(s)

blahblahblah

Attached Files Image(s)

tratata

Attached Files Image(s)

-------

Attached Files Image(s)

Whoa, that's some sick suit of armor!

Heya. You have some nice studies in here, and some cool design work. Can I ask what direction you are wanting to head into in the future? You mentioned having maybe wanted to work in the "industry" in one post?
Have you finished much personal work? I wouldn't really want to comment on technical things with you without seeing your best work first, as it seems like you have some good observational skill, but I'm not sure you've pushed your work to a final enough?

The few illustrations you've posted as finals appear as if they lack a few more passes of refinement mostly in terms of form read and really refining edge balance. You do seem to use a lot of hard edges to cut silhouettes out, which ends up flattening your forms, so you could think about refining your edge work. I think you could probably benefit from pushing a future study or two much much further than you currently are just to exercise those finishing muscles. Then take that onto your own final illustrations.

Who, thanks for stopping by first of all. To answer your question I'd say that I wouldn't be against doing a job that suits me if things progress artwise. But it's not a goal, I have plenty of motivation to develop my skills while not aiming at some particular job. The best possible outcome would be if I am at a level when a job finds me naturaly. I do agree with the points you've mentioned with flat forms and edges. I'm still learning, mostly failing. The finished illustratioons, I think i posted them in the beginning of the thread and some of the new ones not that long ago.

I usually post finished work on Artstation. I keep it as a portfolio. By the way how do you include a link-signature below the post? I might actually make a link to my portfolio.

Attached Files Image(s)

OK sweet, thanks for the clarification. Yeah I think that's a healthy and sustainable approach as long as you are also producing the finished work you want to yourself.

Go into your User CP and on the left is a 'change signature' option. Insert hyperlinks using the toolbar so you can embed the link into some shorter text as there is a character limit to the signatures.

Hey! Amazing to see how much you try to learn. Some advice I would give, sometimes your anatomy is way of, I also think you should be more careful with different materials. When I look at your work it looks rushed, like you didnt spend more time on it or didn't care. Now I understand,I also do quick studies, but I always try to show I care about the painting, not just doodle around, I hope you understand. I 'd also say you could do some more linework, actual drawings. When you learn to draw more it will help your paintings as well. Oh, and try to use some basic hard round and soft round brushes. You can always paint texture later. You don't want your image to be all textury and messy. Cheers, keep working hard!

Shuty, while your points make a perfect sense to me I would disagree with you on "caring" about a painting. There are different approaches to learning, man. You can spend hours on a study to make everything look "right" and correct and learn something from it. I'm not doing that, because I'm not concerned about making that hand or that feet correct. Because there are other things than just an accurate drawing, like light and values, for example. I can correct the drawing afterwards if i want to push my image further otherwise i don't really care that much. I used to be really critical about everything that i did, drawings or paintings. That kind of mindset prevented me from actually doing the work. Now i don't care, because what's the point? If you want you can find flaws everywhere, even in masterpieces. It's about doing for me, not constantly saying to myself "oh, this looks off, that looks wrong". Fuck that man, I'm a painter not a critic. Well and if i want my paintings to be messy and textury? What then? I'm not trying to please anybody. I'm doing it for myself how i want.

I didn't mean no harm, just wanted to give you a ciritique as that's how I believe we all can improve, right. In the end, it's your art, you do you. No need to listen to me, I'm just a dude on the internet :D

-------------

Attached Files Image(s)

The Hugo Weaving study is very good — as are the environments especially that lake http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme.../bgthy.jpg

I've found flipping images horizontally helps me work out form issues — and allows the eye to look at something with a fresh take.

It's really good to see you adding studies to your original characters:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...ghnjmu.jpg

Keep up the great work!

Jephyr, thanks man :)

Attached Files Image(s)

------

Attached Files Image(s)