Character design
I made this new digital painting concept, Your comments are welcome

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to Crimson Daggers Master-of-art!

Nice illustration - I like the story elements in it - the blue energy flowing through his veins presumably from the glowing blue gem?

I feel like maybe you could have pushed the values a bit - particularly on his torso - making your darks a bit darker to contrast with the lights.

Cool illustration overall though - hope this helps - if not please ignore :).

Looking forward to more :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Digital painting is one of the new arts that many people still do not know. I am also a novice in this model of design, but if I want to comment on this work, the colors are a little soft for this character. If a little faster colors were used, it would give better results.
(12-25-2020, 01:54 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to Crimson Daggers Master-of-art!

Nice illustration - I like the story elements in it - the blue energy flowing through his veins presumably from the glowing blue gem?

I feel like maybe you could have pushed the values a bit - particularly on his torso - making your darks a bit darker to contrast with the lights.

Cool illustration overall though - hope this helps - if not please ignore :).

Looking forward to more :).

Hey! Story elements yes, super cool, interesting clothing, weapon design, the magic element. All very good ingredients, but when cooking the soup you missed some things.

I did a super-dirty overpaint to help you out. I'm not a character designer so take my advice with a grain of salt. 
Comments are all on the image!

Good luck and keep 'em coming!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca