Paginas y MAS!
Hey man how do you apply your studies?

Don't be shy and message me if you have any questions.
(07-13-2022, 06:40 PM)prince0-100 Wrote: Hey man how do you apply your studies?

Hello hello. I seek out and attend live figure sessions (uninstructed) and just draw. I attended one 2 wks ago I think, and found myself focusing on the legs on the last pose of the night. It was a longer pose.
If you can't attend, than look up your favorite artists' works and apply your studies through there. Discover artists at a museum or by going through the Art section of your local library. Be mindful of what you're learning at the moment (structure, gesture, value, etc.) and only focus on that one thing when applying it. In time it will come together. :)

Better day today it seems so I will be practicing and working on a lil commission for the week. ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies, man. Keep them coming!

(07-14-2022, 07:39 AM)one_two Wrote: Nice studies, man. Keep them coming!

Thanks! Of course!
Just a self-portrait for today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great studies, loving the self portrait as well; values are on point!

(07-16-2022, 02:31 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Great studies, loving the self portrait as well;  values are on point!

Damn, thanks dude! Yeah, Values aren't something I've studied much but something I wanna level up on. Good to know they're reading.

Have a relaxing weekend folks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Mug and stupid messy hair.
Finished up some leg/foot studies off my Michelangelo book last Friday. Such a kickass guy to learn from. Gonna continue with Luca Giordano today.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'll show some figure drawings soon!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Fun with Pentel marker! YAY!

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh goody the site is back up!
Last of my self-portraits and Old Master arm/hand studies after Luca Giordano.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, you have such studious work. Great job and I envy your ability to stay so academic within your studies! Kudos!

(07-23-2022, 05:16 PM)Damien Levs Wrote: Wow, you have such studious work. Great job and I envy your ability to stay so academic within your studies! Kudos!

Thank you Damien. Will be following your thread. Keep up those updates!

Some life drawing from earlier this year. Actually putting in the practice to a real-life model. Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

These last studies are spot on!

(07-26-2022, 10:19 PM)one_two Wrote: These last studies are spot on!

Gracias one_two! Live drawing is FUN!

Changing things up for today. Here's a page of various people from various locations around town from different times since November. Life drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Figure drawing from a quite lively character at times. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

These figures drawings are from November and on. There was a bit of a hiatus going into them. Stupid

Attached Files Image(s)

I gotta up my sketchbook sizes again. Shock

Attached Files Image(s)

Had this awesome book on Hokusai earlier this year. Spent a few mornings starting my day doing small, quick copies of his figures. Fun guy! Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

Figure construction practice from late last year.

Attached Files Image(s)