Paginas y MAS!
Self-portrait from a Summer...

Attached Files Image(s)

Exercise! Have a great weekend peeps!

Attached Files Image(s)

Exercise page off various paintings/sculptures from the Resnick Collection.

Attached Files Image(s)

My first impression when looking at those arm drawing i would say i find the hand to be small compare to the arm.Are you drawing women or men mostly?Maybe i am just to

Here a small diagram of the bone and muscle of the arm which might give you a better sence of the proportion.

(This part is for humour purpose)
Note i don't know to much about old master but i wouldn't study them to much for anatomy some of them have questionable anatomy skill compare to what can be found from master of to day in that realm i would argue.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(06-07-2022, 05:29 AM)darktiste Wrote: My first impression when looking at those arm drawing i would say i find the hand to be small compare to the arm.Are you drawing women or men mostly?Maybe i am just to

Here a small diagram of the bone and muscle of the arm which might give you a better sence of the proportion.

(This part is for humour purpose)
Note i don't know to much about old master but i wouldn't study them to much for anatomy some of them have questionable anatomy skill compare to what can be found from master of to day in that realm i would argue.

Hey, thanks for the help. Yeah, those hands do look small. It's both men/women.
Hah. Regarding Old Masters, most of my books don't go to the Medieval era. I usually start at the Renaissance. I'm coming off Steve Huston's book so my concern is mainly Structure/Gesture and not Anatomy atm.
I really like your old master studies. I have been wanting to do some but I can't find any good books to study from. Do you have any recommendations?
(06-09-2022, 07:13 AM)spagliacci Wrote: I really like your old master studies. I have been wanting to do some but I can't find any good books to study from. Do you have any recommendations?

Hi there! Thanks
My current library consists of books off of Amazon, museums, and small indie bookstores.
If you're in a metropolitan area, I would highly advise you make regular trips to their museums and check out their shops. If not, most museums around the world offer hi-res pics of their collections online. (LA, NYC, London, Paris, etc.)
Also, visit your local library. You're bound to find stuff on Da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo and from there names/movements after them reveal themselves (Del Sarto, Pontormo, Rubens).

Online, look up Dover books, pretty damn cheap. Quality may be hit and miss tho. All the best
Hello. Two self-portraits from awhile ago...

Attached Files Image(s)

Exercise page of hands/arms off of Guido Reni.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really great sense of form on that face-mask wrapping around his lower face. Simplified but just enough info to explain to us what's going on!
(06-16-2022, 08:26 AM)ItsAllHam Wrote: Really great sense of form on that face-mask wrapping around his lower face. Simplified but just enough info to explain to us what's going on!

Haha thanks for catching that man. ;)

More Reni studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very cool studies! 

Don't forget to reinforce what you've learned by drawing from memory and creating imaginative work.

Your figure drawings are next level! Keep it up!

Really nice studies, looks great!

(06-17-2022, 06:40 PM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: Very cool studies! 

Don't forget to reinforce what you've learned by drawing from memory and creating imaginative work.

Your figure drawings are next level! Keep it up!

Thank you thank you! Yeah, memory/imagination drawing is something I don't do often! I should get back to it more seriously! WAH!

Last of the Reni studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Halloween XX

Attached Files Image(s)

Those studies are really tight, I'll be honest most demonstrations I see don't make much sense to me, but you have a strong sense of form and gesture.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Thumbs Up 
(06-21-2022, 05:36 AM)RottenPocket Wrote: Those studies are really tight, I'll be honest most demonstrations I see don't make much sense to me, but you have a strong sense of form and gesture.

Thanks rotten! I just had a look at your artstation! Lovely work! In love
Do you mean some of mine don't make sense or other artists? But thank you, yeah, I'm all about those two ideas.

Here's another portrait.

Attached Files Image(s)

I liked the pointing finger one on this. Forget which Italian Master it's from. Enjoy y'alls weekend!

Attached Files Image(s)

Man, I forget which artist these are from. Guido Reni again perhaps?
Started drawing again like 2wks ago after a bit of a break. Hope to share more soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Been doing leg/foot studies the last 2 wks. Looking at Michelangelo again.
Here's an old self-portrait from ways back.

Attached Files Image(s)