Serdar's sketchbook
Gesture drawings with charcoal. Models from croquis.cafe, week 508

Attached Files Image(s)

Quite nice gesture drawings! I see a lot of good lines of action, C curves, S curves, and such in them! Welcome to the sketchbook section!

Damn man. Those are good sketches what tutorial or book are you following when doing these gesture drawings.

Don't be shy and message me if you have any questions.
Thanks. I learned gesture drawing from proko figure drawing course. After that Steve Huston's figure drawing book was very instructive.
Charcoal drawings. (Sorry for bad quality, eventually I'll learn to take better pictures of my drawings.)

Attached Files Image(s)

More quick gesture drawings with charcoal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Charcoal portraits.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, really love your clear looseness in those gestures. Keep it up!

Again, all done in charcoal.

Attached Files Image(s)

I really love your bold decisive lines in your gesture drawings! No chicken scratches at all. If you used those while constructing your portraits, I feel they would look much stronger.

Great studies and work! Keep firing on these cylinders!

These look great! Very solid construction, and I love the emphasis on gesture, makes your images very dynamic! Keep it up!

Thank you all for your comments and sorry for late reply.
Thank you for the advice Damien Levs. I couldn't do many portraits lately but I'll keep that in mind.
I started digital painting lately. It is really fun! I am mostly following ctrl+paint videos, and also decided to invest in Ahmed Aldoori's MedsMap course. 

Here are some paintings I did.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! these are looking good, keep it up

Plaster cast paintings

Attached Files Image(s)

Very solid start with your digital work! Choosing to work in grayscale or limited colors helps keep the focus on forms, which is what your recent updates are all about. Keep concentrating on that, and the more refined images you will tackle later on will be that much easier!

Thank you cgmythology. Although after a certain time it becomes boring, that is solid advise.
Some longer figures in charcoal and simple digital paintings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi i have a few suggestion for you.

I suggest doing more line art drawing study focus on proportion.

For the digital painting i would avoid texture brush because you need edge control.You can use the texture brush if you want but i that case i would say try to separate the element like background and subject matter into two layers so you atleast have the opportunity to clean the edge.Do you know about the principle of edge control?

Last suggestion would be to post along your study the reference use in the study without one it not a study in my opinion it either a painting of a picture or a painting of a still life where you have all the freedom to do what you want because you are not accountable to the reference... don't get me wrong still life are study but the people who come here have no idea of how it really look.So even before doing a still life i think it important to take a picture as a reference.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thank you darktiste for constructive critisims.

Edge control is not my strongest skill I admit. In fact I don't remember doing any digital line drawing at all. 
Some of these drawings/paintings are from life or online sites like line-of-action etc. So I couldn't add references. But next time, if I have the reference, I will. Maybe then I'll get more critiques.