Digital Painting Critique
Hi Guys!

New to this forum. Just was looking for some critique on this work in progress, namely if the anatomy, lighting, colours, and armor look correct and make sense.

I would love to hear your thoughts on improving the structure/composition. There's still a bit of rendering left to do, and I intend to add a proper background. I just wanted to get some feedback before I go too far with this one.

Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

My smallest contribution would be to say that thing could be a little more functional specially the belt they don't seem to have a thickness and there is no adjustment hole which isn't credible on a belt.

On the arm where there is the hearth those same belt are missing is that intentional?

To finish it doesn't seem very believeable to have such small strip of leather holding the cranium as it would probably easly break and fall off if she move around alot.

For the cranium in term of anatomy the teeth do not sit straight but should be curve .

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(11-29-2022, 04:48 AM)darktiste Wrote: My smallest contribution would be to say that thing could be a little more functional specially the belt they don't seem to have a thickness and there is no adjustment hole which isn't credible on a belt.

On the arm where there is the hearth those same belt are missing is that intentional?

To finish it doesn't seem very believeable to have such small strip of leather holding the cranium as it would probably easly break and fall off if she move around alot.

For the cranium in term of anatomy the teeth do not sit straight but should be curve .

Amazing! Thanks so much for your valuable feedback, you're right.

I'll make those adjustments to the belts and armor, with consideration to the functionality of it all. For the belts on the left arm: they are there, just poorly rendered.

And great pickup on the skull anatomy, I'll keep that in mind as well for future paintings.

Your feedback has been extremely helpful. Thanks so much for your time!
I realize this post is quite old but I just came across it and was curious if you made progress? I noticed her right arm (viewers left) seems quite off. You may have already caught this in the 1 month this post was up but thought I would mention it anyways in case it helped at all. You have a nice piece started and would love to see the progress
[attachment=127104]