Back to the basics
I think the zombie piece show that you could use some practice when it come to foreshorten and estimating proportion when the body bend.

Gotta say i love the ink stuff but how is a zombie suppose to keep is ears? You know ears are most cartilage right?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-06-2024, 10:36 AM)darktiste Wrote: I think the zombie piece show that you could use some practice when it come to foreshorten and estimating proportion when the body bend.

Gotta say i love the ink stuff but how is a zombie suppose to keep is ears? You know ears are most cartilage right?

Most definitely! I'll keep that in mind with foreshortening and estimating proportions.

Since I'm also drawing directly in ink, I only decided to make it a more skeletal face "after" that part was drawn (basically drew the ear first), and since there is no erasing in ink, drawing over it would just ruin it haha, I thought about drawing over it with ink, but the pointy part of the ear was already sticking out. Thanks for the tips! We'll just sum him up as a weird zombie creature, with patches of skin still left and other parts rotting.
You can make some short study of about 30min to 1hour of people sitting or sleeping but i wouldn't focus on the negative space or paint because it won't teach you about applying proportion in perspective i would approch this purely with lineart only. I would say you should focus on basic form such as cylinder and other basic construction to create basic mannequin. If you don't know any construction method you can apply the one use by loomis.

Some great exercise to ease yourself practicing foreshorten in perspective is to copy first what are on those page then apply those principle rather than to copy what you see here. So observation (figuring the rule)by breaking it down then applying the rule but making something new rather then only copying.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-06-2024, 11:16 AM)darktiste Wrote: You can make some short study of about 30min to 1hour of people sitting or sleeping but i wouldn't focus on the negative space because it won't teach you about applying proportion in perspective. I would say you should focus on basic form such as cylinder and other basic construction to create basic mannequin. If you don't know any construction method you can apply the one use by loomis.

Some great exercise to ease yourself practice foreshorten in perspective is to copy the Loomis
Will definitely start doing that, recently re-downloaded all his books (as well as Michael hampton's) so hopefully in conjunction they'll work. I studied them in the past, but I didn't study them critically enough or was too young at the time to put what I learned into actual practice, + just need to practice that more in general. Thanks!
A lot of impressive work you've shared here. Keep it up

Thanks Jephyr! and will do, for the first time in years actually feels like I'm getting somewhere- or at least closer to where I'd like to be as an artist. But, there's still a long road ahead.