Introduction
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. I study art from the internet. I heard that critique is so important to improving on art, so I joined this forum. I wish I could make a lot of friends so I can get a lot of advice and have great discussion about art.

A little bit about myself I'm 19 years old and I actually go to art college, but my art college is suck, they don't teach anything. That's why I go to the internet to find a better way to learn art.
Welcome.You got it right about getting critic but can you handle the heat that what separate those who grow and those who fall off.

I am not sure what you mean by they don't teach anything one must still be a sponge first if one seek is own path.Some concept just doesn't stick right away but i suspect you have one of those very generic art school where every discipline of art is summarly introduce.If anything my advise to you is to learn photography and approch art this way.Why?Because you want to start to observe the world around you it your first task as an artist.You can learn alot about the art principle that can transfer to your drawing life later on if that what you like about the art.

But the question is what do you want to do in the art... what do you want to show the world

It doesn't seem like you have thing figure out when it come to where you wanna go so far.Maybe that why you can't get much out of what there...art as the quality of giving you what you put in it.

You keep refering to the thing you want to do as Art well my only critic really is what are you talking about.What medium are we talking about.But it doesn't mean we will be able to help you until you open up and clarify your vision.

So i think what i recommend you do is go on a soul searching episode go on youtube or find the artist that inspire you try to go back in time and reverse engineer what they did to get there if that what you want to do.

One thing for sure is we can't read your mind so practice openess and honesty and be ready not to take thing personal.What is art?What does it mean to you.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.
Wow, that is a really complex response. I didn't expect to get such a response, but thank you so much though, I really appreciate your advice.

My vision is I want to be an animator and I kinda figured out the way to achieve my vision, I don't really think that deeply about art, all I want is just make a good drawing.
What is a good drawing in that case define it look for it why is it important to you that it be good why can't it be bad?

What does good quality drawing bring to your life?

You can't just be superficially think about thing you are suppose to care about otherwise it a hobby a second thought a past time.

Atleast you got people you are looking up to ''animator'' what make there drawing good?

I understand that your more concern about quality then subject matter right now that normal as you learn to render thing we are generally more concern with realism generally speaking when we start to organize priority. Realism as an artistic movement is what we are most familiar with as human being and it from this artistic root that steam other artistic style.

The problem is artistic thinking isn't really something that encourage in most school it just to abstract to tell someone to observe the world it look like the most stupid and obvious thing yet so many people don't know they can't see we see don't get me wrong but we don't really digest it don't believe me?Draw your own face without a mirror or a picture... how is it that you can't draw your own face and you see yourself in the mirror everyday?Could you describe yourself if you had to?You can describe yourself but why is it that you can't draw yourself from memory?Those are question for later.

We all see the world through were own lense.

You gotta use what you like and get geeky about it if you don't like looking at thing it a bad start.Go to the library or on the internet if you need to but you need to be curious learn about stuff don't just sit around waiting for art to find you.Experience life don't let it pass by.

Your young you need to sit down a bit and take the time to observe and i mean really observe not get distracted get bored that how you start to observe that my secret.Sit around in a public place observe yes it weird you have to if you want to see action you want to be animator?You gotta observe how thing move... but you gotta involve yourself as i said you get as much as you put in.

You gotta be the detective that get a clue about where your going with that art stuff no body is going to take you by the hand even if it would be amazing you gotta take initiative.

Go punch a bag until something ignite in you because let me tell you the last thing you want is to let that opportunity pass you by.You already know you got dealt a bad hand now what are you gonna do?I know you don't want to think about it that stressful stuff.But you gotta figure out what your going to do if that school doesn't feed your soul.

Don't feel sorry if you didn't know what you would get with that school sometime we are carelessly going throught life when we should be paying attention to were future but who know the future...it not something that really easy to graps or a walk in the park to think about.

I know you can't probably understand this but be careful of your time your already saying that you seem to be struggling with thing that waste your time you will have to be smart not to miss your opportunity.

Let get back to the meat of the matter you need to animate so don't be boring last thing we need is lifeless animator.

Draw something start somewhere don't be just hot air no substance.You don't need everything figured out in order to start.

Baby step everyday baby step everyday.Feed the baby.Love the baby.Play like a baby.Art is a baby and it now your responsability.

Work hard play hard.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.