BrotherOstavia's sketchbook
(09-29-2012, 03:25 AM)malan Wrote: Wow man, great mechs! They have a lot of character! D: Im really impressed by your stuff! You got quite a great talent, keep it up!
Just one quick question man, do you do studies from mechanical stuff, materials, shapes or something like that? I just tried to do some vehicle designs and got a bit stuck with them haha :)
Cheers man!

Thank you! Yeah that stuff actually helps. You don't need to be an engineer and completely understand how an engine works but you can find really interesting shapes by doing that.

Also, check this tutorial, maybe helps: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1222.html

Impresionante maquina conceptos, Jon :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Thanks Miles, more stuff:

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff.

Attached Files Image(s)

your last thumbnails are great, and the creepy lovecraftian dude too.

Fantastic finish on that last piece! I especially like the pose and non-chalance of the character, despite the massive deformations. Ummm... to leave something constructive to work with, you might want to focus on getting your edges clean and accurate from the very start on your studies. Loose is good, I know I'm the same, but I notice people that take it to the next level usually keep the gestural quality but do so with a tighter more accurate mark. maybe? I dunno, just something to think about.
(10-09-2012, 12:53 AM)CoreyKLamb Wrote: Fantastic finish on that last piece! I especially like the pose and non-chalance of the character, despite the massive deformations. Ummm... to leave something constructive to work with, you might want to focus on getting your edges clean and accurate from the very start on your studies. Loose is good, I know I'm the same, but I notice people that take it to the next level usually keep the gestural quality but do so with a tighter more accurate mark. maybe? I dunno, just something to think about.

Thanks man! You're right. I need to get rid off that shaky feeling on my shapes.

More stuff.

Attached Files Image(s)

More progress on this, Trying to destroy my recent artblock.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey BrotherOstavia!

Nice sketchbook and paintings.
For the latest piece I would suggest to rework the mecha arm of him again.
Even though it's mechanical, the position is still kinda awkward and makes to sense to the gesture of the guy.
Perhaps even do a few gestures of him to find a better position for the arm. :)
Let's see how your next WIP is going to look like.
Keep it up dude!
Like the stuff you've been doing Brother, The biker dude reminds me of Dan.

(10-19-2012, 02:54 AM)Nemome Wrote: Hey BrotherOstavia!

Nice sketchbook and paintings.
For the latest piece I would suggest to rework the mecha arm of him again.
Even though it's mechanical, the position is still kinda awkward and makes to sense to the gesture of the guy.
Perhaps even do a few gestures of him to find a better position for the arm. :)
Let's see how your next WIP is going to look like.
Keep it up dude!

You're right, working on it at this moment!

(10-08-2012, 10:04 PM)BrotherOstavia Wrote: More stuff.

AWESOME! hahah Looks like Salad fingers! ( look him up on youtube if you don't know him ) :) Love your work mate! You're very inspiring!
Love it jonathan xd Very humorus design ;3

Awesome updates, the dude with the red writing all over him is really cool. I hope you can shake off that art block soon!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

I really like your technical stuff. Keep this up!

Thanks guys. Here's more stuff.

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff. Isra inspired me to do my own "Draw-This-Whatever" so I picked a really awesome and brilliant executed idea I had back in 2005.

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really adore your mechs and vehicles.