Glasya's sketchbook
hello all
i just started to draw, so tips are welcomed

i never knew that the human anatomy can be HARD !

damn i need to hook up my scanner, my galaxy note's camera is not enough :/

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice beginning, work hard at it and study from life, it will help you improve.

(06-15-2012, 06:42 AM)JonHop Wrote: Nice beginning, work hard at it and study from life, it will help you improve.

thanks, i will

i jumped right into drawing faces and body, it came out just disgusting
read somewhere here that you should only figure draw at first

so am doing that hoping it will make me improve much faster
i learned alot about shadow
its a very interesting subject

this is what i studied today

if any one can recommend books and tutorials i would be very thankful

Attached Files Image(s)

what i learned today

Attached Files Image(s)

finally i drew something good

but the legs look too short tho T.T

dark souls ftw !

Attached Files Image(s)

i redrew the face many times, paper almost got ruined..

even so .... gwynevere <3

Attached Files Image(s)

Glasya Thank you for stopping by my sketchbook ! :)
Im liking the figure with the sword !
we can both push to improve and hopefully in a few years we will be as good as all the other guys !
(06-18-2012, 03:46 PM)JerryActric Wrote: Glasya Thank you for stopping by my sketchbook ! :)
Im liking the figure with the sword !
we can both push to improve and hopefully in a few years we will be as good as all the other guys !

thanks, lets work hard !
Good to see you working hard! Nice job on the value studies and dark souls rocks :).

thanks jon :D
been a while, now this is what i have been doing the last few days, i will leave out the ugly ones, posting the least ugly
i should learn how to draw cleaner lines =/
ganna get a sketch book from now on, the lined one wont cut it anymore

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, thanks for stopping by :). You are really improving, there is big leap between the oldest ones and todays. My suggestion is to get your pencil more under control - train straight lines of different lenght, then ellipses and circles. Also, for learning anatomy try doing some gestures, it will give your drawing more life. And if you dont know them, here you have two good webs for anatomical references - http://www.artsyposes.com/ http://lovecastle.org/draw/ check them out :) Anyway keep pushing, it looks promising :)
thanks for the reply
i work hard and hope to imporove

thanks for the link *book marked*
heres what i did in the past few days

i just want to thank all the crimson daggers for their help , be it links , tips and encouragement
i will keep on working hard \o/

Attached Files Image(s)

now that i made the change to digital, this is some of the things i have done
*still learning*

Attached Files Image(s)

I really like the last one! Try doing black&white studies from photos, it's a nice way to learn values and shape! The burning man couldn't possibly have this kind of lightening, because fire is the strongest light in that picture that illuminates the surrounding not a side secondary light, apart from that I would suggest not using white backgrounds. Nice composition, although you could try to fit all the bat monster in the image and there is some unnecessary space on the right I would suggest to crop it. :) Keep it up! Au Revoir!

Good to see you keep posting stuff Glasya, go go go! ; p

(08-19-2012, 06:40 PM)DomSinkevic Wrote: I really like the last one! Try doing black&white studies from photos, it's a nice way to learn values and shape! The burning man couldn't possibly have this kind of lightening, because fire is the strongest light in that picture that illuminates the surrounding not a side secondary light, apart from that I would suggest not using white backgrounds. Nice composition, although you could try to fit all the bat monster in the image and there is some unnecessary space on the right I would suggest to crop it. :) Keep it up! Au Revoir!

thanks DOM, its like you said, the bat monster thingie looks like its a layer on top of the back ground, i still dont know how to make it part of it, will do some searching

the burning man was a weird experiment on my part, but your right i should pay attention to light sources and such, i suck at those

i will look up light and color tutorials and get right on it :D

(08-19-2012, 08:34 PM)isra-ac Wrote: Good to see you keep posting stuff Glasya, go go go! ; p

thanks isra and welcome back !!

well post more stuff when the holidays end :D
Hey! I've noticed a huge improvement in your studies, which is awesome. I would suggest getting your hands on Andrew Loomis' books if you haven't already. Keep an eye on your proportion, and keep practicing!

Loomis