Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Laura_H's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dennis: <3 I should of added some hard edges on her. Will be doing it with this next one!

Quick sketch from tonight, few interviews and a job offer yay! :}
It's a bit too softened but it looks very good !
(09-18-2012, 12:41 PM)Fincks Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit too softened but it looks very good !

Thanks! I only spent an hour on it tonight, so it's more a WIP study. But I'll work in some hard edges tomorrow :}
An hour only ? Great job for jus one hour (:
Just a couple of things from recent, I've been slacking a little due to interviews and job hunting and whatnot. 9 hours of travelling to do tomorrow for a job interview :'(

One is a picture of a friend, I know there's plenty wrong with the image, I need to fix her eyes and add more warmth into the skin and so on but thought I'd put it up here to show I'm still working on things!
lookin good yo
Your already improving leaps and bounds, which is awesome to see! Keep killin it the way you are, its inspiring to see.
Nice studies Laura! I really liked the brush work on the lion and the wolf :)
As they have already said, try to use harder edges on the portraits, try to use both soft and hard edges, depending on the shapes described by lights and shadows :)
9 hours of trains = making people paranoid /cackle

[Image: 387444_10151057938936361_795003407_n.jpg]

[Image: 252566_10151058422596361_30996835_n.jpg]
Few alterations ^_^

[Image: 562009_10151059222316361_2079096192_n.jpg]
Kind of fell off the planet for a week or so ... this took me about 2 hours, just nice to mindlessly paint for the first time in a while ^_^

Used a nice mix of soft and hard brushes :}
Some alterations ^_^
Lovely edge control in your latest portrait.
That portrait is a big improvement, nice1
nice job on the last painting.
when you pencil try and create a light base tone and then gradually go darker.
Love the last painting so much, great work chica!
Great one
You keep getting better Laura :D
Lumens: Thank you!
iCi: Cheers man!
Midknight523: Thanks! I usually do when I'm not sketching in my moleskin. But I generally love the paper in the moleskin sketchbooks.
donJonSwan: Cheeeers dude! <3
Warre: Thanks!
Sula: Thanks lady! <3

Just a quick thing from yesterday :}
Gross! Keep 'em coming!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10