Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Laura_H's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I think what really gets me are the teeth and lips...juicy and disgusting all at the same time. BTW, since the last time I was here, your accuracy and proportions have come along really great! Only crit atm would be to play with saturation levels, you've got a grip on value so you're in the proper range, I would just hit up the vibrancy where you can. Keep'um comin'!
Atrenr: Cheers!
Corey: Thanks man, I noticed earlier when I was playing with the colour values that I tended to keep away from being overly saturated as one thing I spotted when I started out was that I was using extremely saturated colours. Maybe it's time I pushed into that a little. Thanks for the words, I really appreciate all the crit and feedback! <3 <3
the bloody face of your last post was sweet, i´m always lost when i need to paint blood, i need to do some studies :)
I found starting with a bright red, then going to a deep dark red with a soft brush and adding in speculars with a hard brush and no opacity makes it a little easier. I just need to work on those edges ;P
thanks for sharing, i will try that too.
From my livestream tonight ^_^
I also uploaded the video for this :}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tC8hC_7dDA

Camron

SWEEET! more more more :)
Nice work laura <3
Camron: Wheee thanks!
Ramalooke: Thanks man!

Couldnt sleep so did an hour squiggle
nice squiggle!
Good sketchbook. Keep it up!
Kidult: Cheers you! :}
Piotr: Will do! Thanks :D

I'm tired and packing and procrastinating by painting, so they're only WIP type things
just a couple of hours over two nights
The best one so far, nice. Is the torso really that long?
Ici: yupyup

Suppose, well, yeah, me :|
From livestream :}
Owlolol

Owlolol

[attachment=8648]
just a wip whilst I'm housebound :/
"And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me