James's Sketch Book
Oh man really really noiiice stuff. I really like to character design you've done. Also great work with a the traditional media I tried some myself in the past few years and know how tricky some of it can be.

Well I have nothing to complain about so keep the good stuff coming :)
@Zipfelzeus- thanks man will keep going, want to keep practicing traditional outside. I do a lot of computer stuff for work.

some doodles and figure drawings

Jester
Gauche

Awesome sketchbook James! I love how you use all kinds of mediums and do studies of all kinds of things - like your figures studies aren't all of people with idealised figures.

Looking forward to more mate!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

shit james, you keep blowing my mind! In love
as usual, I have nothing constructive, but gotta comment anyways

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks guys will keep goin, make some better studies

figures and doodles

Landscape studies of Forest Lawn and Marina Del Rey

figure drawing

sketch of a girl

I love the gouache studies. I see you have a habit of drawing the head a bit small with those female figures. The neck is a bit long and there isnt a strong sense of structural understanding of how the head, neck and torso connect. I have the same problem so it sticks out to me. Im finding drawing through the form and determining the location of the spine helps with this.

Thanks Adam, I will do some neck studies next time then.

Figure study

Figure Drawings

Witch Character designs,
help me pick which one would be the best for an academic or gothic kind of mage to select for a design

style study

Steam punk girl

Descanso Gardens

flower girl

figure scroll

figure drawings

sketch doodles

figures

Chantel portrait

Keep up the great work James :D

Really like the painting on your life model work, especially the ones with the ink lines left in.

Feel you could try for thicker paint and harder edges with the watermedia. That said, getting the gouache to the right consistency and a brush with the right stiffness and water retention is the tricky bit.
thanks Andrew, haven't seen you in a while, yeah i think painting a bit more thicker can help get me to paint ore direct, but i had a hard time warming up the light side of the face, the gouache kept desaturating the tones a bit after drying

figure drawing

rendering study