Darktiste Sketchbook
Hi dark,

Thank you so much for the suggestions/paint over on my last image. I LOVE what you suggested and will respond in more detail over my way.

-----------------

Your 3D stuff is looking very good — but I'm afraid I can't offer any help with the technical side.

I used to do some 3D and wish I'd kept after it now. I tried to do some sculpting recently and realize I've forgotten almost EVERYTHING and would almost have to start over at this point.

I did texture mapping a few times when I followed tutorials — but it was already worked out and the textures were supplied — and it's been long enough now I can't remember anything about it.

Anyway — I know it can feel like a steep uphill climb to make it happen — so I encourage you to keep after it!

(05-15-2022, 01:11 PM)Jephyr Wrote: Hi dark, 

Thank you so much for the suggestions/paint over on my last image.  I LOVE what you suggested and will respond in more detail over my way.

-----------------

Your 3D stuff is looking very good — but I'm afraid I can't offer any help with the technical side.

I used to do some 3D and wish I'd kept after it now.  I tried to do some sculpting recently and realize I've forgotten almost EVERYTHING and would almost have to start over at this point.

I did texture mapping a few times when I followed tutorials — but it was already worked out and the textures were supplied — and it's been long enough now I can't remember anything about it.

Anyway — I know it can feel like a steep uphill climb to make it happen — so I encourage you to keep after it!

It is but i am already feeling like i am putting much of the big step behind me.It seem to be a very process heavy realm of the artistic world so it very much about learning to play with the tool but of course everything i learn so far throught my 8 years or so here is pilling up beautifully to help me reach what ever stylistic choose i would look to put foward.

Thank for the encouragement i will try to keep them in mind whenever i feel like i am in a ruff spot...

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Not much to say progress is apparent but slow.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
nice work on the axe so far. the celtic runes are a nice touch
(05-19-2022, 03:09 AM)Crowbit Wrote: nice work on the axe so far. the celtic runes are a nice touch

Thank for the encouragement i almost gave up on that axe multiple time.But thank to my stubborn character that not an opinion.

My Sketchbook
This could be said to be my first complete 3d model with color, texture and sculpting.By far the node are the most confusing aspect and then controlling light isn't as easy as i thought. It feel sometime when doing the texturing as if you are defusing a bomb because of all the wire linking the control node .

I am satisfied because i am pretty please to have achieve such a photo real texture.But i am going toward something abit more stylize as thing progress.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Great work with the 3D axe, looks very natural especially with the colors/lighting. Great job!

nice rune detail on the axe. are you using blender?
(06-04-2022, 05:39 PM)handsomekorean Wrote: nice rune detail on the axe. are you using blender?

Yes it blender i also tried z brush and sketch up.But i have mostly fallen in love with blender the most as of now.I was very hopeful for sketch up but it end up being to incomplete without add on and to annoying to install those add on.In blender it a matter of click and you got new insane new feature.

My Sketchbook
Working on a treasure chest this project is going to kick my butt i can feel it. Looking foward to that T.T.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
My treasure what kind of precious do you hold?I wish it gold.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Hey Dark,

That ax is looking pretty cool. Is there some way to tighten those leather windings? They look a little loose.

Otherwise love the shape, handle and etching. Wouldn't mind having it hanging on my wall.

Hope you continue working on the treasure chest — especially if you can figure out some way to fill it with GOLD!!

Yo, my dude, Darktiste doing 3ds. Dig the axe, nice job!

(06-18-2022, 12:23 AM)Jephyr Wrote: Hey Dark,

That ax is looking pretty cool.  Is there some way to tighten those leather windings?  They look a little loose.

Otherwise love the shape, handle and etching.  Wouldn't mind having it hanging on my wall.

Hope you continue working on the treasure chest — especially if you can figure out some way to fill it with GOLD!!

Yes sure i could but i figure being sloppy on a few thing would allow more time to learn other thing.I know how it done the tool is call proportional editing i don't know if you are familar with 3d terminology so i will stop my rambling here.

Yea i am interest to make it bounty fully of gold probably bar and coin.

My Sketchbook
(06-18-2022, 12:32 AM)one_two Wrote: Yo, my dude, Darktiste doing 3ds. Dig the axe, nice job!

It all about growth and getting the most done without compromise on quallity.Thank for the kind word.

My Sketchbook
(06-18-2022, 03:52 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 12:32 AM)one_two Wrote: Yo, my dude, Darktiste doing 3ds. Dig the axe, nice job!

It all about growth and getting the most done without compromise on quallity.Thank for the kind word.

You're welcome!

Now i guess i can start to fill that bad boy with a treasure worthy of a pirate king.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Nice chest. Worthy of a badass pirate!

Look cool!

I am glad you guy like and if it already cool then i can't wait to see your reaction when it all done.

My Sketchbook