The 2 hour study that went over by 2 hours
I hope I'm posting this in the right place because I'm new am not really sure how this works. This was going to just be a two hour study practice for metal, glare and really just the helm itself. But I ended up going over board and rendering it for an extra 2-2.5 hrs. because I was happy about the way it was coming out. I'm bad about that so next time I want to focus on keeping it loose and short.[Image: Plate+helm.jpg]

Post more! Post more!

(07-05-2013, 03:08 AM)JonVenske Wrote: I hope I'm posting this in the right place because I'm new am not really sure how this works

This is a sketchbook thread, so the general idea is for this thread to be a general hub where you post your drawings, at least the ones you feel like posting. Studies, doodles, finished drawings, the whole shebang. Your finished stuff or work in progress can then go into the critique center, which is aimed more at a single image.

The sketchbook thread is just a general journal of your progress, I'd say.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
It looks great, but yeah definitely what Psychotime said, post mooooooreee!!

Post every single study you do and imaginative work (which applies these studies!!) good or bad work, post it in here :) it's all about self-improvement and by looking and following other people's sketchbooks, you will learn even more than you thought you would!

Keep up the great work, but study is study, study something until you're not learning that element anymore!

Can't wait to see more :)!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Awesome, thank you for the replies and advice. This one was really more of a finished piece than a study now that I can see it for what it is. But I did learn some about light and reflective metal. I'll try to post some more stuff later to get in the habit of it. Thanks again

[Image: Talia.jpg]

Here's a figure/lighting study I did from the kindgirls website. I added clothes so that it would be work safe. There's still quite a bit that could be added but I felt I got what I needed out of it.
[Image: still+life1.jpg]

This is my first attempt at a set up digital still life. Had a good time and learned a bit. Never painted an onion before, nor the back wall in my house.

[Image: still+life2.jpg]

Here's the second one I did. I learned a lot more from this one. The bottle was a pain, the spoon was a pain but I'm glad I did them it really helped with lighting effects on different materials. Good times :)
[Image: sketch+page.jpg]

This is just some random Loomis, etc practice stuff. It seems that drawing on a tablet is harder for me than with a pencil on paper. So I'm trying to get used to it, still.

Looking good!! I look forward to more from you! keep it up!! :D

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Thanks missimoinsane, I appreciate the kind words.Insane, ecstatic

You're most welcome :D

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Dude, that's photographic! Please, post some original illustrations, I'm sure they'll look amazing!

(09-08-2013, 03:54 AM)Rognoll Wrote: Dude, that's photographic! Please, post some original illustrations, I'm sure they'll look amazing!

Thanks! I'll work on that here in the coming weeks. Appreciate the comment.

Dude! Yes!!
That' what I'm talking 'bout!

Keep it up man, these look awesome :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(09-09-2013, 08:10 AM)smrrfette Wrote: Dude! Yes!!
That' what I'm talking 'bout!

Keep it up man, these look awesome :D

Awesome, thank you. I will :)

Very nice :D Wanna see more.

Are you using textures for the helmet?