Jones Sketchbook
oooh nice on that last dude gud edges here and there :); that poor bananna peel rotted :(

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
yo yo yo

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Some recent work!

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-12-2014, 04:44 AM)Jonesoda Wrote: some stuff

Dude these studies are getting real good. Nice improvements man!!

Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Eat Sleep Draw
Thanks man!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, nice study discipline here, good stuff, keep at it man! :)

The stuff for Embers was that commission work?

thanks man!, yep it was comission/work stuff.

Stuff from todddaaaayyyy

Attached Files Image(s)

Ooh the woman study came out great ^^ The fightmemate breh is cool
Ah! I realized something about my own art by looking at yours. Thanks buddy
Also the female lines chick #466, Pro lines :D
ehhehehe

Please feel free to stop by my sketchbook
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6112
it is very lonely
Blushing
Hey bro, your stuffs looking way better from when I last checked your sketchbook. Those ember design studio characters are pretty dope.

I feel like overall though, you should experiment a little more with how you use contrast and texture. Right now I feel like its way too high and its hurting the light vs dark. I did a paintover to try demonstrate.

[Image: 2abeb96eeb.jpg]

Basically I just lassoed the light area and pressed ctrl q. Then I dragged down the bar that said contrast. Whats happening is it reduces that huge value range that you've got going when you apply your textures, and shrinks the range so it doesn't span so many values. This lets it have the effect that you want of the textures, which is that complexity and interesting ways to break up edges, but doesn't have that heavy handed feel.

The last picture i just simplified your shadows to enhance this even more. Its exactly the same thing, I just reduced the noise, so there wasn't any little specs of bright values. I feel like you tend to be a little messy in your shadows, but taking a few seconds to clean it up, or using a softer brush for shadows, would make a big difference. The edges and core shadow its fine to use those textures, but once you get in there try simplify it.

Doing these 2 things you get a big contrast between light and dark, light has all this nice texture and complexity, one is smoother and simpler, one is light values, one is dark values. Its quite subtle, but it does make a difference. I did it again here

[Image: 1992166b29.jpg]

I just wanna show its not about something being too bright or too dark, its about the contrast and value range you use, and making sure things that are different are different in contrast as well.

Hopefully what I said made sense and you experiment around with it. Keep working hard man :D.

Thanks Jane, and thats awesome to hear!
Thanks for the crit/advice skeptical! It's subtle but I'll try keeping an eye on that! I've definitely been feeling some issues with my contrast and value range I gotta work out. Gotta git back to some life studies I feel.

---

Droppin an update <3! Giant dudeand a bunch of random warmups and studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, impressive flow and work! I can see your lines/sketches seem to get looser and looser, that's awesome! Also your colors are getting very realistic and you're just nailing it. I especially like the way you treated metal lately. Good job! :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Thanks!
--

Haven't updated in awhile! I'll likely only update every few weeks to once a month from now on.

Pencil stuff is from all over the place, some of its new some old.

[Image: MiTU4gq.jpg?1]

Attached Files Image(s)

dang jones... hehehe thsoe girlies startin to look cuttte heheheh :)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
thanks homie <3

Attached Files Image(s)

yusssssssssss...get fucking pumped! *~*

[Image: d0Y8W.gif]

[Image: sick-gif.gif]

updating with a bunch of crappy stuff cause our group is posting everything from here on out D:

[Image: OSBxq97.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

I love you.

so good!!
awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :D
fuck yeah jones!
so much hardwork!
Also, I very much dig that you dudes in the study group are now posting EVERYTHING y'all do - including the "crappy" stuff... that stuff is the best stuff - the stuff you really learn from!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all